Calling all Deadheads

John Harrison

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
Just wondering if anyone's downloaded the Warfield Theater set from the Dead's website or purchased any of the new tour discs?

jordanl

Tele-Holic
No I haven't really followed this latest set of encounters. I was a hardcore Deadhead for many years, but haven't been able to relate to the bands latests journeys, I just expect to hear a certain sound, but its just not there.

"it was all a dream we dreamed one afternoon long ago."

fenderfreak

Tele-Meister
sept 16

my wife got us tics to the dead at shoreline ampitheater sept 16 cant wait ill let you know how it was
i don't know where she's go'in i dont care where she's been as long as she's been do'in it right

John Harrison

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
The Dead

I'm envious. No Oregon dates, thus far. I'm really curious about the live tour recordings. They're recording all the shows, selling cds both at the shows and via their website. I haven't seen/heard any reviews, though.

There's a free download, on www.gratefuldead.com, of their Valentine's Day show in San Francisco, but I'm not able to download it, for some unknown reason. Joan Osborne reportedly sang her tush off and was invited to join up, based upon that show.
From what I've seen on tv, I'm really impressed with how Jimmy Herring fills the lead guitar slot. I'd love to hear some reviews or if anyone's heard any of the tour cds they're selling at the shows and on the website.

jordanl

Tele-Holic
I attended last nights (8/10) show at Jones beach, final night of the summer tour. IT was an interesting experience. ITs kind of difficult to be subjective, For me Jerry's shadow still runs quite large.

Overall it was quite good, and easily the best thing I've heard from any of the members post Jerry. I really thought Jimmy Herring did a great job of balancing his work between his own style, and covering what Jerry played. His tone was well suited to the material, and he is one hell of a guitar player. Joan added a nice touch to several tunes: a very pretty It must have been the roses, and Morning Dew: OTOH she lacks Pig Pen's menace on Mr. Charlie. I'm not a fan of Phils 'singing'. Overall a pretty good musical experience.