1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Calling All Amateurs... Let's Hear It

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Torren61, Apr 26, 2020.

1. DekeDog

DekeDog Tele-Holic

This happened to a good friend, and even though doctors were able to reattach his fingers, they didn't work well enough to play. So, he learned to play slide, and he's terrific.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    Torren61 and Skub like this.
  2. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Here's a trio of songs I've recorded over the last few years.

This first one is a Spaghetti Western theme for an imaginary sequel to a Clint Eastwood film (as you may guess from the title). I played all the instruments and programmed the drums.

This next one is a kinda swamp blues take on the old classic Nutbush City Limits. Once again I played all the instruments and programmed the drums.

This last one is my most played track on Soundcloud. There's a backing track under there somewhere. I think I recorded 4 or 5 guitar parts.

3. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Another one with 12 string.

4. Mjark

Probably the first changes I ever put together back in the 80's fiddling around on them last year.

5. speedy mcfeely

speedy mcfeely Tele-Holic

Here is my soundcloud. I’ve got a few “songs” on there. I’m a hack, but I make music for me (an outlet

soundcloud.com/dksouther

getbent likes this.
  6. NeubyWanKaneuby

NeubyWanKaneuby TDPRI Member

So, after listening to everyone's stuff, I decided my first post will be right here. Here are 3 songs I've put together. Everything on my channel is my original stuff. I do backing track jams on Soundcloud as I got a copyright note a from YT few years ago, so I try to avoid anything that's even close to that on YT.

getbent, Skub and Torren61 like this.
  7. Torren61

Torren61 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

You can go there, click "share", copy the link and paste it here and then we can just click the play icon. I'm too lazy to go there unless you post it here and I like it enough to then go there. Kind of ironic when you think how long it took me to type this post. :D

pointysideup and speedy mcfeely like this.
  8. chulaivet1966

chulaivet1966 Tele-Afflicted

I'll try not to be "embarrassed"....but, that is difficult for me.
    I have a very hard time reconciling why I should actually promote myself/song writing to any degree.
    My ego is just not that big....and as you state, there are many more out there which I perceive to be better than myself.

"Embarrassment' aside....here's (3) of my most recent ones on Soundcloud (10 total)
    My full catalog ( :))) is on my Soundclick page.
    Hope you find them worthy of your time.

Be smart/stay safe....

teletimetx, getbent, Mjark and 4 others like this.
  9. pointysideup

pointysideup TDPRI Member

I've only got two on Soundcloud. Was working on a third, but before I was able to put the vocals onto it I got distracted by the whole lockdown thing and started recording quick videos to post on social media. I'll finish it sometime soon though I expect. Anything else recorded more recent than the last decade would be videos on Facebook and YouTube of me and the band, or if solo would be with an acoustic, which feels off topic for a Telecaster forum :lol:

Hello, by the way. I've been singing and playing in a band for years now, but only acoustic guitars. My main job is vocals, the other guitarist is way, way better than me so has always taken care of the flashy stuff with an electric guitar. Started playing with home recording (late to the party as usual, but the two Soundcloud tracks that follow are my first efforts) and decided I finally wanted an electric guitar to give myself a bit more versatility with the recording. Went looking for a Strat, but stumbled first over an MIJ Telecaster in a local guitar shop at the end of Feb and fell in love. After what, thirty years of gigging, I can't work out why I haven't got an electric before this.

Anyway, I bought a Boss Katana Mk2 to plug it into and was planning to start gigging with it with the band, and then a stop got put on everything by the present circumstances, so the guitar's debut is still to happen.

Mjark, superjam144, getbent and 4 others like this.
  10. Torren61

Really good stuff from you guys!

11. chulaivet1966

chulaivet1966 Tele-Afflicted

Torren....

I like this one the best of your submissions.
    Great axe playing....good riff motif with the harmony guitars....up front and catchy....good rockin' instrumental.
    You may hate for planting this idea or creating more work for you but,....I can hear lyrical content which could make it even more appealing from a song writer's (as apposed to compositional) POV.
    Nothing cliche mind you...not verbose....just a good solid topic to bring into the mix.

Buuuut.....that's just me. :)

Carry on....

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    getbent and Torren61 like this.
  12. Torren61

You know, the bass player asked me if he could add a bass track and I said "Of course!" If you hear something, please feel free to have at it. Thanks!

getbent likes this.
  13. clayville

clayville Tele-Meister

I used to slap together jam tracks out of Garageband loops and add guitar all the time for a couple of online jamming communities I was active in. Some of these efforts were beds for songs I had rattling around in my head, some of them were sort of homages to my influences - all of them were an exercise in learning home recording and honing my mixing skills. On the more ambitious ones I was usually hanging on for dear life, seeing how far I could push it without falling on my face. Sometimes those "worked" (even though years later my To Do list includes fiddling with the mixes some more even though I put hours and hours into them already).

Here's a Stonesy one:

and a Zepish one:

This one started as an Open D acoustic sketch against a simple drum machine as a metronome... and mostly stayed there:

Skub, teletimetx, superjam144 and 4 others like this.
  14. Torren61

Dang! There's some REALLY good stuff here. I thought there were going to be some good recordings but I didn't know there were going to be this many and such creativity. I was proud of myself for being the only one to use backwards guitar... then I listened to RedBalloon. Nice! Just because I haven't commented on someone's track here doesn't mean I didn't like it or listen to it. You guys are really good! I think some of us are kindred spirits, musically.

clayville, pointysideup and tah1962 like this.
  15. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

Thanks for starting this thread. It’s great to be able to share music!

getbent and Torren61 like this.
  16. Torren61

It's great to discover new talent that I hadn't heard of before. If you hear something from someone and it connects, I would suggest digging a bit deeper into the tracks. These are all good but there are some other tracks that deserve a listen as well.

17. Mjark

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    Torren61 and clayville like this.
  18. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

This was improvising off the top of my head, nothing worked out,,,
    except the inclusion of a beautiful 5 second phrase from the singer Dimash's SOS performance. Do you recognize it?

A minor ballad

Torren61 and superjam144 like this.
  19. pcasarona

pcasarona Tele-Holic

I wish I knew more about home recording (and playing guitar for that matter), but I did manage to record 3 or 4 songs before my computer crashed and I lost my software. I can only claim some guitar work over these backing tracks. Never learned enough to do much else. Any advise or pointers very welcome.

Torren61, superjam144 and tah1962 like this.
  20. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

More off the top recordings.

Impressions of Little Wing
    ASAT Special > Boss Katana 50

Little Wing Solo guitar,

Little Wing with backing track,
    This is an older one, it has the most likes of all my stuff. G&L ASAT Special > original Zendrive 2 > Fender SuperSonic 22.

Little Wing

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    Torren61 and pcasarona like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.