Caline Snakebite or Flamma Reverb FS02

phaedrus

Tele-Meister
So I recently got a Caline Snakebite and it's cool. But it seems a little hard to dial it back and make it subtle. And it's easy to go overboard with it and leave everything washed out.

I've tried it with a few guitars: strat, thinline tele, 335, jazz hollowbody. Also in the FX loop and out in front. And using an amp versus direct into my audio interface.

Basically, the controls seem to work best between 10 and 2. Under 10 and it sounds like an exaggerated bathroom tile situation, and from 3 to dimed it gets fun and washed out, but just for noodling, not really for music, at least for me.

So to summarize, it's cool/ok but...

Of course, as soon as I get it I discover another pedal FLAMMA FS02 Reverb.

When I compare the demos of these two the Flamma seems more clear and able to be subtle as well as over the top. It also has a much wider range of styles and they all seem better in quality. The price difference is fairly small, $45 vs $75, so I'm thinking of returning the Caline and getting the Flamma instead.

Has anyone tried the two of these, and if so which did you prefer?

igor5

Tele-Meister
The normal size box Flamma Reverb (and Flamma Delay btw) is top notch reverb and very versatile.

phaedrus

Tele-Meister
The normal size box Flamma Reverb (and Flamma Delay btw) is top notch reverb and very versatile.

So I ended up returning the Caline Snakebite, and I also returned a Kmise Analog Delay. I had ordered both around the same time.

In their place I got the Flamma mini delay pedal and it's much better than the Kmise one. Very clear sounds and you can actually use the controls. The Kmise you couldn't go above noon on the repeats without it going into ossilation land.

I had looked at the full sized delay pedal but the sounds didn't really grab me so I went with the mini.

But for the reverb the full size one looks pretty good and the mini sounds lackluster.