1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Caline Pedal Owners Club

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by StormJH1, Mar 6, 2015.

1. jaybones

jaybones Friend of Leo's

I have the Space Echo delay. Great price on an analog delay, sturdy metal construction and the battery is a pigtail that plugs into a 9V adapter input jack.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  2. Shuster

Shuster Poster Extraordinaire

Bought my first Caline pedal, the Tantrum, and I love it!! What a great personality, wasn't expecting this pedal to have so much range!

3. dombar335

dombar335 Tele-Meister

Been thinking about a Fulldrive to compliment my OCD and Pure Sky OD. I didn't realize that Caline made a clone of it. What's the verdict on the Crazy Cacti? Can't really afford a Fulldrive right now but have some Amazon credit to spend. For $32 will it be close to an actual Fulldrive?

4. dombar335

dombar335 Tele-Meister

Got a Crazy Cacti and Head Room on order. If I like them as much as I like my Pure Sky these cheap little guys could get addicting.

5. kevsonic

kevsonic Tele-Meister

Oh man, on a whim I bought another Pure Sky, just because through Ali Express they're $22, and it arrived today. It's almost ridiculous how amazing it sounds. If you taper down the eq when increasing gain, or taper it up when you use it as a clean boost, it's an absolute dream. I might look up modding it to get the Timmy's different clipping options, but it just sounds fine as-is.

Mark of Mayhem, mojah63 and dswo like this.
  6. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

Love the Pure Sky. It has a place on my main board. On my smaller board, i have Timmy copy that I built, which includes proper treble and bass cut controls and a 3 position switch (clipping/compression options). Both are fantastic. I tried the Mosky MM Silver Overdrive (supposed to be a Timmy clone) and didn't like it.

7. mojah63

mojah63 TDPRI Member

I modded mine to do stock 4 diodes, 2 diodes then no clippers. I though it sounds best stock. It too compressed taking 2 diodes out.

kevsonic likes this.
  8. ericburnley

ericburnley TDPRI Member

I've had my Orange Burst for almost 3 years now, and still love it. Bought the Pure Sky not long after that, and as others have said, they're both great in their own way, and are both mainstays on my board.
    Also use the Joyo Sweet Baby. These ODs have kicked other more expensive pedals off my board including 2001-era Nobels ODR-1 & Analogman TS9 Brown mod pedals. I get great tone and don't feel the need to freak out when my 2 year old plays with the knobs.

i'm also looking at the power options Caline offers to expand my board's power (Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2) - maybe the Tuner Power - or the P5, P6 or CP-08, which appear to be actually isolated. This link has a lot of good info on power supplies for comparison.

Bristlehound likes this.
  9. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Friend of Leo's

Great link for power supplies. Thanks.

ericburnley likes this.
  10. Keefsdad

Keefsdad Tele-Holic

I have 8 overdrives, and I use the Orange Burst and Pure Sky the most. Great pedals for under $30 delivered.

Mark of Mayhem and kevsonic like this.
  11. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

I have always liked the Pure Sky. It is my main cleanish rhythm sound on my main board. I have another Timmy copy, which I built myself from a PCB that I bought from PedalPCB (it's call the Tommy), and it is on my small board. Lately, I've learned the joys of the Timmy circuit when slight cranked (gain between 11 to 1 o'clock). It's quite the versatile pedal. Just dial back the treble to taste as you crank up the gain. And dial back the tone pot on the guitar a smidge as well. Beautiful!

kevsonic likes this.
  12. Andy Summers

Andy Summers Friend of Leo's

Just picked this up used at GC. CP-24 10 band EQ. Bought it mostly to use as a boost, but it makes my guitar sound so good I may leave it on all the time.

I never heard of this brand until a couple hours ago. It was dirt cheap used so i figured, why not? And I’m glad I did. I’ll definitely be checking out more of their pedals.

24738E1E-1A48-492C-89EA-64E40A567349.jpeg

Mark of Mayhem likes this.
  13. Mark of Mayhem

Mark of Mayhem NEW MEMBER!

I am definitely a Caline member. I have bought a few over the past month and must say I'm very impressed with these pedals. Will keep buying them in the future! 20190309_183001.jpg

14. 41144

41144 Tele-Afflicted

15. Keefsdad

Keefsdad Tele-Holic

Do you know what the Leon Drive is a clone of? OCD?

16. dombar335

dombar335 Tele-Meister

I'm not 100% sure but it sure looks like it based on the controls.

(Edit: Actually I found a video review that says it is an OCD style pedal)

Keefsdad likes this.
  17. gtrplr

gtrplr Tele-Holic

Got a Pure Sky a couple of weeks ago. Wish I’d bought it sooner. Great pedal.

Frontier9 and PhantomTrophies like this.
  18. 41144

41144 Tele-Afflicted

Having eschewed delay pedals in favour of reverb for years .... Having bought it one a week ago as my latest acquisition for the pedal board ..... I am now loving my Caline CP-19 Blue Ocean delay. :cool:

19. ClashCityTele

ClashCityTele Tele-Afflicted

Just received my Orange Burst CP-18 from Amazon. Free, next day delivery & only £9.95 after using some vouchers. I love a bargain! Been playing my Tele for an hour. Used CP-18 as clean boost & overdrive into clean & slightly over-driven channels. The 2 band eq is very useful. Cleans up really well using guitar vol. It sounds so open & natural. Absolutely love it. Need to try it with other guitars & amps. Should have got one years ago. Also came with an external 9v battery adaptor - very handy. Pure Sky next?

Keefsdad and 41144 like this.
  20. ClashCityTele

ClashCityTele Tele-Afflicted

Well, I've been using my new pedal this morning & it's stopped working already (after 2 1/2 hrs of use!). The footswitch works when it feels like it, it crackles really loudly & now it has 3 settings on/off/no sound at all. This is one of the best sounding o/d's I've owned, but this piece of cheap crap is going back for a refund.

Vfc13 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.