1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Caline Pedal Owners Club

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by StormJH1, Mar 6, 2015.

1. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

You could build your own Honey Bee if you are so inclined:

https://aionelectronics.com/project/procyon-honey-bee-overdrive/

http://mklec.com/project-kits/guitar-effects-kits/honeybee-clone-kit

https://puzzlesounds.com/store/honeybee-overdrive-pcb/

http://effectslayouts.blogspot.com/2015/02/bearfoot-fx-honeybee-overdrive.html

I've not tried any of these, so I cannot comment on quality or accuracy. But, I will say I'd rather build one than mod something else.

davguitar likes this.
  2. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Friend of Leo's

Do you mean the Mad Professor Sweet Honey overdrive? If so, then Joyo do a clone called the Sweet Baby...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Whatizitman likes this.
  3. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Friend of Leo's

Future plans, mos def. I still haven’t got my first pedal project working yet haha. The fact that I figured out how to mod the white heat without asking anyone is a huge step for me.

4. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Friend of Leo's

I think I prefer the bee over the sweet. But I know the joyo pedal is dirt cheap in comparison. Gonna need to try it. Thanks!

5. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Good point, I had the Pure Sky but I had the Timmy too and didnt like either. And yes, they seemed well made. A Rat, OCD and even Timmy were too nasty for me.

6. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

I generally prefer pretty low gain as well. My current favorites are clones of the Timmy (Mosky MM Silver or Caline PureSky) and Bluesbreaker (Mooer Blues Crab or KOT). But when using a higher gain pedal, I usually crank it's gain way down and its level up somewhat. Still low gain, but with lots of character. My favorites for this are the BB Breamp (Mosky B-Box or Caline Orange Burst) and the Jan Ray (DIY using a Rullwow PCB).

7. Shango66

Shango66 Friend of Leo's

After enjoying the orange burst I gotta say, I’m very disappointed in the Pure Sky. This unit is DOA.....Not a huge expense..... but ....sigh.
    There’s just no volume on the thing, if I crank my amp and dime it , I hear a faint buzz. It doesn’t appear to be true bypass either cos I checked my lines with other pedals and it kills the signal path when switched on or off. Unlike the O burst theres no internal battery connector in this unit. Has the QC on these pedals fallen in the last few years..? Pics attached. IMG_1414.JPG IMG_1415.JPG

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  8. Oklep

Oklep NEW MEMBER!

Did anybody tried the new "pressure tank" compressor?
    To me, it looks like it could be optical compressor, probably copy of "diamond comp jr". If it is true, it would be steal
    [​IMG]

9. vjhn

vjhn TDPRI Member

Subscribed.

Anyone tried CP-50 Leon drive or CP-54 the Big Orange?
    -1960414004507245190.jpg 1986627481031648882.jpg

10. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Vat ish dat?

11. vjhn

vjhn TDPRI Member

possibly OCD clone and something of an Orange amp based?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  12. Keefsdad

Keefsdad Tele-Holic

The Pure sky should have a battery connector inside.
    I have the Orange Burst as well, it's good but I prefer the Pure Sky, actually I love it. I have 8 overdrives and it's probably my favourite.

13. acevh63

acevh63 TDPRI Member

The Snake Bite is fantastic. You can read my post in the group of Reverb Pedals...

Before it I had:
    Kokko Space (very good and only $22), Hermida Reverb 2 (nothing special for $220), Hardwire Supernatural (excellent, but not for a normal reverb use with guitar, maybe useful for Star Treck effects), Mosky Spring (mediocre) and T-Rex Tonebug Reverb (nice, but nothing special)...

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    vjhn likes this.
  14. acevh63

acevh63 TDPRI Member

.... well... I have both and I can tell you that are similar, but not identical. It's not the same pedal.
    I'll open both to see inside in the next days, but the Caline is more flexible and to my ears is better sounding: aggressive but not harsh and more natural. More definition and less gritty.
    The Sand Storm is much better in the pots too. Progressive and solid.

dswo and vjhn like this.
  15. kevsonic

kevsonic Tele-Meister

Anyone get to try The Big Orange yet? Just ordered @ ~21 usd, so we'll see....in a month or so!

16. kevsonic

kevsonic Tele-Meister

Update: the Big Orange is a winner! Get it and see for yourself. Mine arrived the same day a used Xotic BB Preamp did and while they don't sound identical the BO comes awfully close to the BB, with perhaps a touch more compression in the higher gain settings.

17. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

From the videos I've watched, it seems like the Big Orange has less gain than the Orange Burst, which I would consider a good thing (but it's not suggested by the subtitles - Crushing Overdrive). @kevsonic Are you able to comment on that?

18. DougM

DougM Poster Extraordinaire

I just got a Big Orange, and yes it's both lower gain (and compression), and brighter sounding than the OB. But, along with that, it's a bit more generic sounding, with less personality. I still like it more than the OB, cause the OB would get too spitty when turned up to the level of gain that I like. I think I just need to spend more time playing with the bass and treble on the BO to dial it in. I got the Midlander at the same time, and I really like it too. It's probably my favorite TS type pedal out of all the ones I've tried, 'cause it's less honky/midrangy, and has less bass cut than most.
    FWIW, I always buy any Chinese pedal from an American dealer when there is one, even if it costs more, so if I do get a defective one, or have to return it for any reason, it's much easier.

19. kevsonic

kevsonic Tele-Meister

It's been a while since I had an Orange Burst, but it might be a that the BO has less gain. I feel like more of its available gain is musically useful to me, though I tend to keep things rather conservative gain-wise.

20. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

I don't need another overdrive

(yea, right....)

kevsonic likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.