Caline Pedal Owners Club

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by StormJH1, Mar 6, 2015.

1. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

Sorry to hear about your Orange Burst. I will tell you that I have a PureSky on my main board for 2 years now - it’s quite solid. Your OB must have been built with a faulty switch or something. Given the cheap price, and how much you like the tones, I’d consider just replacing the switch.

2. frankjc

frankjc TDPRI Member

Just got the Puffer fuzz. So far have only played it with my pignose. Not bad for the price. Hoping so see how it sounds with the Tubemeister later.

3. jddub440

jddub440 Tele-Holic

Got a Hawiian Pizza

4. kemr10

kemr10 TDPRI Member

I have the pure sky and love it, has anyone tried the CP 26 reverb if so what's your view of this pedal

5. Vfc13

Vfc13 Tele-Meister

mine did the same thing im gun shy on anything caline ow

6. PhantomTrophies

PhantomTrophies NEW MEMBER!

After months of window shopping, I've finally bought the Pure Sky. This is my first drive pedal. Up until now, I've been running BIAS FX via iPad into my Fender amp (with correct output settings!). It sounds great but...

Buying the Pure Sky has scratched a pondering itch as to whether pedals or digital works best for me. It will be arriving today via Prime!

I have a couple of pedals that I've inherited from old bands that seemed to have ended up in my possession
    (Boss Super Chorus, TU2, and Joyo Analogue Delay) so I'm gonna put together a small 'essentials' board.

7. Jesse414

Jesse414 TDPRI Member

Hello Caline pedal owners I am looking at a Caline reflector tremolo pedal but I'm hesitant to buy due to reliability issues. How are all your Caline pedals doing I'm wondering if some of you have had good luck with them?

8. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Friend of Leo's

I've got two. Both of them developed foot-switch problems and are not usable live.

Jesse414 likes this.
  9. dombar335

dombar335 Tele-Meister

My Pure Sky is still going strong. But I use it as an always on pedal so the foot switch doesn't get hit a lot.

Jesse414 likes this.
  10. 41144

41144 Tele-Afflicted

Caline are good for the money but not to be totally relied on/trusted if you play live ... for me I find trouble with the in/out & power jacks to be more of an issue - they're just not very robust.
    Of the Caline's I've tried the Blue Sky and the Snakebite are the only two I've retained, but even then not for live playing.
    Regarding Tremolo, if you can stretch to it go for the TC Pipeline (around $100 US) alternatively the Donner Golden Tremolo is good at about $25 in US but better still (ie better build imo) the Mooer Trelicopter probably around $50 US.

Jesse414 likes this.
  11. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Friend of Leo's

I've had no problems with the one Joyo pedal I have, and the foot switch is not built into the circuit board on the Joyo, unlike the Calines.

Jesse414 likes this.
  12. Vespa_One

Vespa_One Tele-Holic

I tried the acoustic simulator.
    I couldn’t get a good sound out of it.

13. MusicGroup

MusicGroup TDPRI Member

Caline DI bass Wine Cellar CP-60 pedal
    inside:
    opamps 1x 4558, 1x 4580, 2x TL074c
    all vars are 100kB,
    same as Pigtone Bass pedal

Attached Files:

Jesse414 likes this.
  14. guitarmikey

guitarmikey Tele-Afflicted

Another Pure Sky here. So gooooooood!
    I have the SD-1, Soul Food, Rowin Dumbler, and bought this just because of two tone controls. Adds a lot to some small amps I have (Micro Terror: a sort of tone control, EHX Magnum 44: almost nothing on tone, MV-50 AC...).
    Soon discovered some great OD tones out of it, different flavor than other OD's I have. LOVE my Pure Sky... (should I mention I bought it secondHand?...)

Frontier9 and Jesse414 like this.
  15. leonard d rock

leonard d rock Tele-Afflicted

i have two calines: a midlander and a pure sky. both sound good and working well although i just use it in my house

Jesse414 likes this.
  16. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Holic

I got the Puffer fuzz. Puff puff...PASS! Blargh! The best part is that it was a gift so I can’t/won’t sell it. That was sarcasm. Seriously...pass on the Puffer.

Jesse414 likes this.
  17. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Holic

My partner bought me a Puffer. At least it doesn’t look like complete and utter garbage.

18. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

What? A Caline pedal club? Well, okay then...

IMG_7198.JPG IMG_7205.JPG

All very good, although I'll admit I am not adept enough yet to make the Puffer fuzz shine like some of the reviews.
    The Clear Veil can be used for a clean OD boost and fuzz...Ultra Chorus really great...use the Drifter delay all the time.

Jesse414 likes this.
  19. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

I've tried dozens of overdrive pedals, and many Klon clones, including the EHX Soul Food, the MXR Sugar Drive, the Tone Bakery Creme Brulee, the Xin Sound RM10 Sky Drive, the Mosky Gold and Silver Horse, the Joy Tauren, two different Chinese no name ones with Centaur graphics, the Tone City Bad Horse, and the Caline Pegasus and Medusa, and the two Caline ones are two of my favorites, and the Medusa is my favorite overdrive pedal of all time. With a clean amp and the gain turned up to 4 or 5 o'clock, and the tone and level at 10 o'clock, it sounds perfect to me with a Strat, and achieves the sound I hear in my head more than any other drive pedal I've ever tried at any price.
    medusa.jpg

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    stormsedge and Jesse414 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.