California weather:

Buckaroo65

Tele-Afflicted
When I was a kid I confounded many a Baptist preacher. They just couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t be scared into behaving by their stories of how hell would be painfully hot forever. Man, that ain’t scary,I spent my summers in Bakersfield!

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Saw that on the Calgary supper news last night. We were at about 35C/95F here yesterday. We're 45 minutes or so west of Medicine Hat.
We lived in Greenwood for several years. Because of the high elevation 750m/2461 feet and a high hill directly to the west of us, the sun would disappear at around 7:00 PM and it would cool down nicely. We opened the windows at night. Plus, we rarely saw a mosquito there because of the elevation. We had a huge maple tree on the south side of the house for shade. During those really hot days, we kept the windows closed during the day. We did not have AC and the house always stayed cool.

That sounds about perfect!

Cosmic Cowboy

Tele-Afflicted
I don't know if it's age, disposition or what, but I am sick of California sunshine, especially when it's over a hundred degrees and seemingly lasting all summer. Last year was miserably hot, and this year is turning out to be the same. I think I'm just not tough enough now. I used to work out in the heat, play golf in the heat, now it's tiresome to do either. I mow my lawns on Monday, no matter how early I start, and I'm not supposed to start before 7:00am, it's hot before I get through. By the time I mow my lawns, edge them, rake, and blow the lawn off with a leaf blower, and roll the green waste container out to the curb, I'm ready for the A/C.

My sister-in-law lives in Arkansas, it's hot there. My niece lives in Texas it's hot there. My cousin lives in Alabama, and it's hot there. There seems to be a lot of it going around.

I love living in the West. Grew up in Downey. Live in New Mexico now, and spend my spare time riding my motorcycles around the Western US. I am relocating to Fla in October. I don't know how I feel about it.

Mainly the weather. The weather in CA is about the best in the world. So....all I can say is you may just be a masochist. And that's ok too.

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Bakersfield and the rest of the Central valley is hot. Here in SoCal it has been in the mid 80s for weeks. It does get into triple digits on occasion.

You should move north, south, or westward to the coast.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Bakersfield and the rest of the Central valley is hot. Here in SoCal it has been in the mid 80s for weeks. It does get into triple digits on occasion.

You should move north, south, or westward to the coast.
If that guy who won the mega lottery sends me about ten million, I'm gonna do that!😁😁

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
When I was a kid I confounded many a Baptist preacher. They just couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t be scared into behaving by their stories of how hell would be painfully hot forever. Man, that ain’t scary,I spent my summers in Bakersfield!

Kind of cuts down on the threat, don't it?

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I just came in from doing my Monday lawn service. My wife was out working in the front yard because there was a little cloud cover this morning. As soon as I started the mower, the cloud cover vanished into thin air! I don't mean the clouds drifted away, or slowly dissipated, I mean I pulled the rope, and they VANISHED! My wife hightailed into the house too!

jays0n

Friend of Leo's
280492B3-D2C9-4020-A408-DCD8C2D22A72.jpeg

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
I don't know if it's age, disposition or what, but I am sick of California sunshine, especially when it's over a hundred degrees and seemingly lasting all summer. Last year was miserably hot, and this year is turning out to be the same. I think I'm just not tough enough now. I used to work out in the heat, play golf in the heat, now it's tiresome to do either. I mow my lawns on Monday, no matter how early I start, and I'm not supposed to start before 7:00am, it's hot before I get through. By the time I mow my lawns, edge them, rake, and blow the lawn off with a leaf blower, and roll the green waste container out to the curb, I'm ready for the A/C.

My sister-in-law lives in Arkansas, it's hot there. My niece lives in Texas it's hot there. My cousin lives in Alabama, and it's hot there. There seems to be a lot of it going around.

Are the Early Birds using Oven Mits to catch their Worms?

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Weather is happily boring here in the Bay Area. Just need more rain.
If I wanted HOT, I'd move to the Riverside or Pomona , and I don't.
The weather in the Mid-Eastbay is pleasant thus far, with breezes flowing off the bay
We of the greater bay area have weather so pleasant others pray for the same.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxwest texas.jpg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx big sur.jpg

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
30C-35C is just warming up here in summer- regarded as perfect weather, not hot.
I hope that thing go well for all of you way down there. I hear stories on the news and see the pictures and I get concerned, and I remember Oz has existed for a long long long time. have a good summer.
Oh what is Australian white fin, filets $14.95 per pound ? fish I get that part, White Fin what though White fine tuna , White fin Shark , White fin kangaroo?
Do Kangaroos have fins?
far side.jpg

nickmm

Tele-Holic
I hope that thing go well for all of you way down there. I hear stories on the news and see the pictures and I get concerned, and I remember Oz has existed for a long long long time. have a good summer.
Oh what is Australian white fin, filets $14.95 per pound ? fish I get that part, White Fin what though White fine tuna , White fin Shark , White fin kangaroo?
Do Kangaroos have fins? View attachment 1016103
We have a drop bear plague ATM.
White Fin is probably 1 of the 100 names used for Shark.
flake, dogfish, grayfish, and whitefish

nickmm

Tele-Holic
30C-35C is just warming up here in summer- regarded as perfect weather, not hot.
Sydney is miserable ATM, 8-19 been raining for about 6 months now. Waiting for the Indian Summer August normally serves up, 14-24 sunny days. I don't think it's coming this year