California has its problems, but the weather ain't one of them.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Jan 23, 2020.

1. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

Yuuper ! Alone all by myself, well I've got my daughter's free loading cat. But my daughter moved out out as soon as she figured out I wasn't joking about living in a camper all winter. :)

2. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I'm just joshing you, and you know that. My whole family (excluding my wife) likes the cold weather. Both of my younger kids were in the sky club when they were in high school. My son and daughter were both pretty advanced skiers by the time they got to college. My daughter thinks she's Evil Knievel on skies, I've seen her ski the expert runs sans poles at Tahoe. My son said that wasn't for him at all.

BobbyZ likes this.
  3. Art VanDelay

Art VanDelay Tele-Afflicted

Please, he was just some redneck who knew you wouldn't retaliate because he has a .45ACP in his waistband and god know what in his jacked up truck outside.

When I travel in the US I am not from California and when I travel abroad I'm Canadian.

Toto'sDad, BobbyZ and ozcal like this.
  4. ozcal

ozcal Tele-Afflicted

the wife and i are planning our CA escape....we live in norcal and while it is nice here it s time for a change... plan is coming along well... we should be gone mid / end of summer....

Georox likes this.
  5. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

If I ever venture out of California again, I plan on driving a rental car, and might insist on changing cars when I change states. When you have that California license plate on your car, the cops can't resist checking you out, they figure you're bound to be doing something if you're from Cali. I had a cop admit to me one time, that the reason he stopped me was just to check me out on account of the Cali plates, when he saw my wife and sister in law, and Toto and Bella, he just waved us on. My sister in law was terrified! I was relieved.

6. Georox

Georox Friend of Leo's

I heard California is considering building a wall to keep people from leaving.

ozcal likes this.
  7. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I must say, 6 of our 7 cars have North Carolina plates on them, and I think it buys a fellow a lot of leeway. I also think having a dog with you is a superb idea. Cops are good people but their brains just get fried by the job, and they start trying to figure out Shorthand ways of doing their duties. The same way the Checkout Bag Boy at the grocery puts your milk in a plastic bag even as you hand him a handful of cloth bags for this task. Parts of the brain try to protect themselves from damage, by shutting down. When you expect "career" individuals to use both the right and left hand sides of their brains, while they are punched in, they don't mean to resist but they still kind of do. Mostly.

Toto'sDad likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.