California Club

tahoebob54

Tele-Holic
Born in Oakland,
moved to South Lake Tahoe when I was in 4th grade
moved to Susanville after high school, community college
moved to Davis to attend UCD (stayed for 18 years)
moved back to South Lake Tahoe been here now this time 22 years.
If I ever move again I guess i would have to go back to Susanville

Mr. Lumbergh

Poster Extraordinaire
I wound up back in Cali; Tustin, OC.
It's funny, I moved because I got laid off and while I was gone found another job not even ten minutes down the road. Of course, that was after I lost my house, my girlfriend, etc. It isn't the same anymore without them.

ifallalot

Tele-Afflicted
Since I last posted here I've moved to Orange County for work in LA. I just bought a brand new townhouse on the border of HB and Westminster.

So, Orange County folks, is there anywhere I can just walk in and buy tubes? I was going to buy a 6K6 from thetubestore.com but shipping costs as much as the tube itself.

rave

Tele-Holic
Lived in California since 1976. Family moved to the Bay Area when I was 12. Went to Sdsu for school and lived in the LA area since graduating in 1985. I am just across the Ventura county line in Agoura. Would love to attend a so cal jam

bender66

Poster Extraordinaire
Lived in California since 1976. Family moved to the Bay Area when I was 12. Went to Sdsu for school and lived in the LA area since graduating in 1985. I am just across the Ventura county line in Agoura. Would love to attend a so cal jam
Hey neighbor!

Just rode my bike from Santa Barbara around Lake Casitas to Ojai to Ventura & back to SB. Great ride.

JeffBlue

Friend of Leo's
Temple City. Even the Beverly Hillbillies knew........"California is the place you outta be."

I am a native and have lived in Bellflower, Downey, Artesia, Long Beach, Norwalk, West LA and Westminister.

Last edited:

Modman68

Tele-Holic
Wondering if anyone has recommendations for an experienced tube amp service tech in the San Diego area.

Skamania

Tele-Meister
California native.

Grew up in South Bay, Torrance area, Hacienda Heights, downtown LA, West LA , Long Beach, Pittsburg and now live in Napa Valley. Bought my first used Deluxe Reverb blackface in Redondo Beach in 1970.

John How

Tele-Meister
Auburn Ca, born in Delano, Dad worked for BLM, so we moved from project to project as the Cali water system developed... I’ve lived from LA to Redding and many places in between...Can’t say I’m done moving but I might be...I’m retired but ya never know what’s around the corner...

Djentleman Dan

Tele-Holic
Woodland Hills until 12
Alamo/Danville until 18
San Luis Obispo/Pismo Beach until 35
Currently Moorpark

California native.

Grew up in South Bay, Torrance area, Hacienda Heights, downtown LA, West LA , Long Beach, Pittsburg and now live in Napa Valley. Bought my first used Deluxe Reverb blackface in Redondo Beach in 1970.

If you're tired of Napa cabs and have too many to fit all your guitars/amps, feel free to send some Pott, Rivers Marie, Quivet, Realm or other low-end junk lying around :).

RetiredUnit1

Tele-Meister
Goodness, looks like the California club has been a bit dry for awhile. Well, that's typical SoCal weather anyway. I'm in the San Fernando/Sylmar divide area. Glenoaks&Hubbard-ish.

Speaking of which, McDonalds was across Glenoaks from "The Boys" market and it was level walking from one side to the other. After the 71 quake, McDonnalds was 25' higher. I was living half a block away at the time. Man, what a ride that was.....

JeffBlue

Friend of Leo's
Temple City here. Near enough to the San Gabriel Mountains to ride my 2019 Harley Davidson to Crystal Lake, ride Glendora Mountain Road and the Ridge Road to Mount Baldy. Not too far from the coast and excellent places to ride.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Temple City here. Near enough to the San Gabriel Mountains to ride my 2019 Harley Davidson to Crystal Lake, ride Glendora Mountain Road and the Ridge Road to Mount Baldy. Not too far from the coast and excellent places to ride.
fished Crystal Lake many many times in my teens. My brother and I would go up even in the snow and sit on 5 gallon buckets and trash bags and catch trout. What a great place back then! (maybe still now too!)

We'd always stop at in and out burger just before we got on the freeway home... great days! thanks for triggering those memories!