Cajon Backing Track #10 Uptempo Pop in A

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I really made this to demo my new Ibanez TMB30 short scale bass. I made a post about that here:

The bass has a P/J pickup configuration. The first verse of this is the Precision pickup alone. The second verse is a combination of the Precision and the Jazz pickups, about 20% Precision, 80% Jazz. The the rest is 100% Jazz. After that it goes on for 2:30 or so, probably too long. Careful listeners might want to tell me which pickup combo sounds better. The chords are A-Bm7-A-Bm7-A-Bm7-D-E (2X) then C#m7-D-C#m7-D-E. It sounds like something Herman's Hermits might have done.

Perhaps it will be entertaining for some. Have fun! By the way, I really like the bass!

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
It sounds better than the old one.

I'm not sure what "the old one" refers to, but the tone, the effects, and the hammer-ons and everything are spot on! All you really needed was a Coral sitar, (or the Rondo equivalent) and we would be already back in the time machine. Very cool!

Edit: Oh I see a Dano in your hands which is probably a 12 string. That is what I hear! I almost bought a purple sparkle one of those from a shopping mall music store, but the neck was too flat and i was unsure about truss rod adjustments in those days. I am still regretting it.

Last edited:

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I meant to say your new bass sounds better than the old one. It's just a Dano 12 string and some reverb.
The Dano sounds great. And i agree, this bass sounds better than the Rondo Beatle bass. This one does both P and J stuff and is really easy to play. And a really good deal, even with inflation.

NWinther

Friend of Leo's
That is a very sweet tone and lots of clever melodic ideas. I see you changed the philosophical quotation in your profile. I agree with both the previous one and the current one!
Thanks, a very inspiring track....ah yes old wise people seem to have some good knowledge worth collecting! :)

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Thanks for the track and congratulations on the new bass. Sounds great to me. A 3-minute major scale noodle.

Nice noodling! Some of these responses sound a bit Beatlesque, as if the track was inspiring guitarists to call up their inner aspirational George Harrison. In your track, the switch to the bridge pickup about half way through was very effective.

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter

It sounds like you are playing on tiptoes at the beginning with all of the short notes. You sound more confident starting about halfway through and your lines start to flow naturally, though you do return to the short notes for contrast. You are using the whole neck, it sounds like, from low strings to high. Thanks for giving it a whirl!