Cajon Backer #5

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
This is a weird one. Not sure what genre to call it. I have been experimenting with different cajon beats. It has cajon, bass, rhythm guitar and a bit of synth, but it is pretty spare. It is basically an Am vamp, but the B part goes Dm-C-F-Em. A minor scale will work throughout.

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter

My Ibanez AS 80 dead clean without any processing. Just sketchy rhythmic ideas.

The Ibanez sounds real pretty clean and unprocessed like that. I would say you have some nice melodic figures too. I also like the strummed chords on the B part! Thanks for giving it a whirl!

johnny k

Doctor of Teleocity
I read cajun backer and though wow this could be interesting ! Well it is interesting, but less than a cajun backer. Has there ever been one ?

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I made a project out of this one.
Steel string, low strings, mellotron, shaker, tambourine and Tele lead (with a lot of delay).

This is just lovely. It is moody and full of expectation. I love the mellotron! I feel like I should have mixed my simple synth part lower, so as not to get in the way and be so repetitive.

klasaine

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
This is just lovely. It is moody and full of expectation. I love the mellotron! I feel like I should have mixed my simple synth part lower, so as not to get in the way and be so repetitive.
It's hard to gauge what everyone else is gonna play.
Personally, I enjoy the challenge of working with what's given.
Your track gave me a chance to practice my (extreme lack of) keyboard skills.