Cajon Backer #4

klasaine

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
As always, I am surprised at how diverse these tracks sound! Everyone brings a different perspective and some different sounds to the project. Thanks to everyone who tried it out.
The less superfluous stuff in the BT, the easier (and more fun) it is to be 'creative'.

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
The less superfluous stuff in the BT, the easier (and more fun) it is to be 'creative'.
In this one, I think the shift to Em in the B part was confusing to some, and I intend to keep things simpler in the future, but what else was superfluous? I was worried about the Rhodes chords, but in the main, they didn't seem to be a problem.

klasaine

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
In this one, I think the shift to Em in the B part was confusing to some, and I intend to keep things simpler in the future, but what else was superfluous? I was worried about the Rhodes chords, but in the main, they didn't seem to be a problem.
Nothing superfluous in this one or your previous one. My comment was in regard to the diversity in all the various takes and my reasoning as to why.
I'm complimenting you. Your backers leave a lot of space to do stuff.
Personally, I loved the Em section. Great 'change up' within an otherwise very normal chord progression. I also dug the keys entering later on. Stuff like that is great.
Keep up the good work!

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Nothing superfluous in this one or your previous one. My comment was in regard to the diversity in all the various takes and my reasoning as to why.
I'm complimenting you. Your backers leave a lot of space to do stuff.
Personally, I loved the Em section. Great 'change up' within an otherwise very normal chord progression. I also dug the keys entering later on. Stuff like that is great.
Keep up the good work!
Yeah, it seems to me that the basics are a beat, a bass line, something to suggest the chords, and a pad to glue it together, maybe up high.