Cabronita tuners

ricardo1912

Friend of Leo's
Hi, need a bit of technical advice. I have looked but can seem to find an answer.

I want to put split shaft tuners on my MIM Cabronita thinline. Does anyone know the hole size and any tuners that fit without major alterations? Thanks

John C

Friend of Leo's
It has Fender's standard sealed tuners, correct?

If so then you can put Fender's Classicgear tuners on them without any modifications. These are the tuners that come on the American Performer models - they look like vintage tuners, they have the split post, but they mount with the 2 pins and the screw-down bushing like the standard tuners.

Here's the link to them on Fender's website - most places sell them for around $40 (less than the $70 MAP): https://www.fender.com/en-US/parts/...s/classicgear-tuning-machines/0990802100.html

0990802100_fen_acc_dtl_2_nr.jpg

750-0990802100_detail1.jpg

Fenderdad1950

Friend of Leo's
I think the question hers is .... is the diameter of the predrilled hole in the head, correct for the o/d diameter of the bushings in the picture.

John C

Friend of Leo's
I think the question hers is .... is the diameter of the predrilled hole in the head, correct for the o/d diameter of the bushings in the picture.

If it has the standard Fender sealed tuners it is. These are designed to be direct replacements. The Classicgear, Fender Deluxe Locking and Fender standard tuners are all interchangeable. I haven't done the change myself but several people have put the Classicgear tuners on Player and American Special Strats and Teles over the past few years.

t-ray

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter

If so then you can put Fender's Classicgear tuners on them without any modifications. These are the tuners that come on the American Performer models - they look like vintage tuners, they have the split post, but they mount with the 2 pins and the screw-down bushing like the standard tuners.

Here's the link to them on Fender's website - most places sell them for around $40 (less than the $70 MAP): https://www.fender.com/en-US/parts/...s/classicgear-tuning-machines/0990802100.html

Those are pretty nifty. I like that there are not screws involved and, provided the original holes are properly drilled, the tuners will line up. $38 at Sweetwater. I wish they had these when I replaced the tuners on my 2006 Tele Deluxe.

ricardo1912

Friend of Leo's

Many thanks, that's v helpful. I just really like the vintage style ones