1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Cab for Vox MV50

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Il Belva, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Il Belva

Il Belva TDPRI Member

Hi all,
    I'm gasing for a Vox MV50 Clean for home use and some acoustic jam. I have a 2x12 and a 1x12 cab for the jams, while I would like to use it at home with an Orange 8" cab (https://orangeamps.com/ppc108speaker-cabinet/) I already own. This cab is rated 20 watts rms at 8 ohm, while the Vox head is rated 25 watts at 8 ohms. I don't plan to use it cranked at home, but I'm worried to damage the cab anyway.
    Do you think I should also buy the 25w Vox cab or that I'm fine with the Orange one?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  2. VintageSG

VintageSG Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Don't crank it with distortion and it'll be fine. I doubt you'll use more than a few Watts at home anyway. Domestic harmony and neighbours to consider and all that.

3. Il Belva

Il Belva TDPRI Member

GAS won, I bought the head, it should be here on friday!

4. JeffBlue

JeffBlue Tele-Afflicted

I just ordered the MV50 Clean and I will be experimenting with vacuum tube drive pedals to find out just how tube-like the NuTube devices are. should sound good since it is like a tube.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.