1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Cab corners won't fit

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by gotzz, Jul 24, 2009.

1. gotzz

gotzz TDPRI Member

yo!

people, I think I'm stuck with my cab for the BF vibro champ head. it will be 2x10, and as I have plywood with 1.5cm thickness (or 0.6 inches) it will have some extra space free when I add those fender corners with lips. I think they are provided for about 3/4". I really didn't calculate on that, so now I have half finished cab in my garage and don't know what to do. so I wonder what would be your suggestion.. having some implants or to try to bend those metal corners so they fit nicely? although that would be a bit hard to do. or something else??

thanks for any help!

2. EdMax

EdMax Tele-Meister

Why not use the type without the return lip?

[​IMG]

You can get them at Tubesandmore.com
    They carry lots of different styles.
    Replacement Corners

3. gotzz

gotzz TDPRI Member

well actually I would use other styles but I have already done this so I want it to be the same style..

[​IMG]

I think I'm gonna use my hammer a bit :)
    will let you know the results :D

many thanks EdMax!

4. FenderLover

FenderLover Poster Extraordinaire

Hey GotZZ,
    Can I ask where you got that head cabinet? Did you make that too? You're right up my alley with the SE head combo package. I want to do that with bigger transformers and a 6L6 output. Even with a stock chassis, you can park the volume way up in the sweet spot without making your ears bleed. Lovely tone....

5. gotzz

gotzz TDPRI Member

howdy!
    well actually some smart fella shortened it, probably long time ago. man was that messy work.. so I shortened it a bit more, just to look nicer and have added those corners and feets.
    now I'm working on cab. will post picture as soon as it's finished. I must tell that it will be sweet as candy :lol: hopefully the sound will be too. one weber 10f150p and one jensen alnico p10r. it's made out of plywood 25yrs old. we'll see...

6. gotzz

gotzz TDPRI Member

here's finished cab

[​IMG]

7. Southpaw Tele

Southpaw Tele Friend of Leo's

That looks fantastic!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.