1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

C10Q v C10R (modern ones)

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Axis29, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Axis29

Axis29 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Other than wattage ratings, what's the difference?

I've read a few reports of folks who dislike all of the modern Jensens, but many times they say they still like the modern Q versions.

What's everyone hearing different, tonally?

Now, I will say, I like the modern Jensens I have (several C10Rs and a P10r) and I just picked up a brand new C10Q. My 10Rs are all well broken in and paired with other speakers. I've thrown the C10Q in with a Rajin Cajun. Not sure how much of the Jensen I'm hearing. But, I've only had a little time to goof with it.

2. BiggerJohn

BiggerJohn Friend of Leo's

The Q has a bigger magnet and bigger voice coil and is a better speaker.

3. peteb

peteb Friend of Leo's

Isn't a bigger, more powerful speaker going to be less responsive than a smaller less powerful speaker when using a smaller amp, or using a bigger amp with multiple speakers?

4. red57strat

red57strat Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I haven't tried the C10R though I have two C10Qs and like them a lot. I've had one of them for almost 10 years and used it in my '68 Princeton Reverb and currently have it in my Mojotone PR kit amp. They sound full and chimy, like a blackface amp should and are not shrill at all.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.