1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

C major backing track to practice all 7 modes (epic orchestra)

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by c_tecks, Mar 30, 2021.

1. c_tecks

c_tecks TDPRI Member

Hi all,

I just uploaded a backing track, which is kind of something different than most backing tracks you can find, because it's an orchestral piece.

This is actually not only for guitar, but can be used for practicing any instrument.

All 7 chords are used in this backing track, so it's good for playing the changes and cycle through all the modes.

It's 12 minutes long and is basically looped 4 times, but the 2nd and 4th time are a bit different, also with a small piece of drums.

Anyway, here's the track.

Enjoy!

Hey_you likes this.
  2. Toast

Toast Tele-Afflicted

Excellent. I really like your track and video. One of the weakness in my playing is hearing chord changes, especially when I'm focused on chord note patterns. Sometimes I even get lost trying to locate the chords in my own progressions that I looped myself. So I really appreciate a backing track that does two things: has a slow tempo and displays the current chord being played. It allows my eyes to help my ears improve. Thanks!

3. c_tecks

c_tecks TDPRI Member

Thanks! Glad you like it.
    And I struggle too with too fast chord changes.

Toast likes this.
  4. Toast

Toast Tele-Afflicted

I also liked your SM57/Beta58A comparison. I just happen to be considering those two mics. I found your video helpful. The differences with the two mics were actually discernible in your vid. Good stuff.

5. c_tecks

c_tecks TDPRI Member

Thanks again!
    Always nice to hear my video's can help someone.

Toast likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.