1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Buzzing coming from nut

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by ozgunsunar, Feb 27, 2021.

1. ozgunsunar

ozgunsunar NEW MEMBER!

Hi Everyone! Recently, I have renewed my electric guitar (telecaster) strings. However, I am experiencing buzzing when I play open A string (440 Hz). The buzzing comes from the neck nut. When I touch the A string from between the nut and tuners/augers the buzzing disappeared.
    Initially, I thought it might be because of the string height (action), however, it doesn't touch any fret, to verify this I level the A string up, the buzzing is still there.
    I will be appreciated to hear your comments if anyone had a similar issue before.
    Thanks

2. AAT65

AAT65 Poster Extraordinaire

Did you change to a different string gauge? The string might be sitting differently in the nut slot.
    Are you sure it’s the nut buzzing, not the tuner? (Try putting your finger on top of the tuner post or on the back of the tuner to see if that muffles the buzz.)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.