Buzzing ‘65 Deluxe Reverb RI using Telecaster.

Hossius Maximus

TDPRI Member
Is anyone having trouble using Telecasters with DRRI? I was trying out a used DRRI at GC and using two different Tele’s, they both buzzed horribly. Then, I switched to a Strat and then a Jackson. Zero noise.

Les H

Tele-Holic
Is anyone having trouble using Telecasters with DRRI? I was trying out a used DRRI at GC and using two different Tele’s, they both buzzed horribly. Then, I switched to a Strat and then a Jackson. Zero noise.

Poorly set up teles off the shelf (fret buzz) perhaps?

Did the strat and Jackson have humbucking/noiseless pickups? Could have been the tele single coil pickups picking up interference?

Some issue within the amp as to why it was used and for sale at GC?

Hossius Maximus

TDPRI Member
I asked about the noiseless pickups. Negative. I also tried the Tele on a brand new Princeton Reverb. No issues.

I

Dacious

Doctor of Teleocity
Possibly location in store near neon or leds or similar or a bad power circuit.

Vintage Teles and Strats including most reissues have no hum cancelling. Modern Strats/Players do in position two and four.

Nearly every guitar will buzz in some locales with your hand off the strings.

Hossius Maximus

TDPRI Member
Yes. This was more than just a mild hum/buzz. I’ve had lots of amps but never a Fender. The sound was instantly distracting. I’m just wondering if anyone had had this experience or did I have a bad experience with an outlier amp.
I appreciate any input.

Dacious

Doctor of Teleocity
Yes. This was more than just a mild hum/buzz. I’ve had lots of amps but never a Fender. The sound was instantly distracting. I’m just wondering if anyone had had this experience or did I have a bad experience with an outlier amp.
I appreciate any input.
If the same guitar buzzed on the DR it should have buzzed on the Princeton. There's no reason to buzz on one and not the other. Bad tube, bad input jack, bad cable. If the amp was quiet before you plugged in it tends to indicate an input problem.

Wally

Telefied
Ad Free Member
How close were the Teles to the amp, and what was their orientation to the amp. One should never sit extremely close to an amp with the pickups close to the amp, and sometimes simply rotating the orientation of a guitar will eliminate noise.