1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Buying advice

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by Gunslinger, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Tele-Meister

Hi all, hoping you could point me in the right direction.

I'm looking to buy my first vintage telecaster. I want a players guitar, worn, used and I'm not worried about it being modified or non original as I will be modifying it myself. Not keen on the necks that have been refinished though.

I was in this position about 10 or so years ago but for some reason (that I kick myself for). never bought one. It seems to me that there were far more old worn telecasters for sale on eBay and the like back then.

Ideally I would like a 68, I have maximum £2500, what am I realistically going to get for that?.... And where should I be looking?.... So far I'm searching on eBay and Reverb. I'm based in the UK. Ideally I'd like to buy from the EU to avoid being taxed to hell and back by the government.

Thanks

Scott

2. slimdave

slimdave TDPRI Member

Hi. For that amount and maybe a little less you should be able to get a 68-69 body only refin Tele, maybe routed and maybe some changed parts.
    There's a 68 body only refin Tele with a bigsby for sale at atoyboy guitars. It seems to have no changed parts. 2995£. No affiliation with the shop. Just to give you an idea.

3. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Tele-Meister

Thanks Dave,

Doesn't look like its been played much, neck is in very good condition.

Scott

4. slimdave

slimdave TDPRI Member

Yes, condition is very good. But for some reason bigsby'd teles don't get much love...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.