1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

"BUYER BEWARE": Same guy on eBay.

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Rotax5oo, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Rotax5oo

Rotax5oo TDPRI Member

Caught this today while trolling eBay at work:
    --
    Looks like this guy: "graczyk213" and "the_neck_shoppe" are the same person under different eBay names.

Seems to me that "the_neck_shoppe" is sanding and reshaping (slightly) SX necks, while "graczyk213" is selling the bodies. (for more than the cost of the entire SX, and people are buying them!!) He was selling just the neck/pickguard screws for a long time under "the_neck_shoppe", assuming to bulk up his feedback, now he's unloading the sanded SX necks that aren't going to fit your Fender body.
    --
    He says he's got some sort of B-stock dealer parts, but I'd say if you look at his completed listings he's doing nothing more than parting out SX guitars and selling everthing. Keeping the necks and bodies under different seller names. I just feel bad for the people that spent $129 on a body when they could have bought the entire guitar for $109.
    --
    Check it out, it's borderline amusing, but irritating at the same time. He's got to be netting a 300% profit on each one he parts out. Not against ebay rules though.
    --
    Just a heads up to anyone looking for parts, be careful out there. If you need overpriced parts for your SX, great, but I'd personally like to help shut this down or at least make him admit where the parts are coming from.
    --
    (If this violates the rules of this forum I apologize and request it be moved somewhere it is most helpful)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  2. gogirlguitars

gogirlguitars Tele-Holic

Yep, i have seen heaps of SX loaded bodies going for $145 and the whole guitar is $85 + $16 ship from Rondo music. I have two sx guitars just to muck about with. They are pretty poorly made, both have very tardy neck pockets and really awful plastic dot markers. frets are not seated properly and the actual frets are not nickle/silver, they are terrible to dress. The bodies are not too bad, but the neck pockets are awful. I often ask these guys where they body came from and they never say SX, but i can tell also it is an SX.

3. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Telefied Ad Free Member

I took a look at one of the bodies and read the description. I don't see anything that warrants a scam alert. He's not claiming it is a Fender or even Fender sized, at least in the description of one of the B stock creme bodies. There's no difference between what this guy is doing and the bigger Fender Guy who does the same thing with higher value guitars and has thousands of + feedback ratings.
    With the internet, there is plenty of information out there to make an informed, intelligent decision. You do a search for tele neck and a bunch come up, some cheap, some expensive, and the same with bodies.
    I don't know this guy from Adam, but it's called capitalism and lots of folks cannabalize guitars because the parts are worth more separately than whole. No one is forcing anybody to spend anything on any parts. You don't have to agree with it, but there's no law against it. Just my 2 cents, and I'm guilty of buying a body like that myself a year or two ago by a similar vendor.

4. Axe Slinger 7

Axe Slinger 7 Tele-Meister

Scam alert may be overdoing it a bit, more of a buyer beware thing but then be careful not to get in trouble for slander or whatever.

5. Rotax5oo

Rotax5oo TDPRI Member

yeah, I agree, nothing against ebay rules, but saying these are dealer b stock, leftover, purchased from someone who went out of business is not really being all that honest. Seeing someone spend $55 of their hard earned cash for a set of "vintage" tele pickups with some "sizzle" is a bit concerning. If they knew these were New unused Chinese pickups out of a $109 SX Tele would they still spend the $55? Not to say the SX guitars/pickups are bad for what they are, but the seller obviously knows what he's selling, he's just not telling the buyers. He says he's got "only a few left", like this is some tapped out vintage supply. Rondo's got a whole warehouse full waiting for him to part out to unsuspecting ebayers.

Maybe "scam alert" is a little over the top, you're right, Buyer Beware is better.

6. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity

Buyer beware applies to ALL of ebay...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.