Bus driver got mad at me today

CV Jee Beez

Tele-Afflicted
Thanks guys for the birthday wishes.

Today I went out again. No daughter this time so I made sure my tickets were ready ahead of time. One day older, one day wiser (but I’m sure that’s just a passing phase). Still got dirty looks from one guy - maybe they don’t like longhairs. Vigilant former hall monitors is probably right.
Make a sash for them.

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
I quit being tolerant of Persons with Small Authority about a decade ago.

I realize their job may be difficult.
I understand their job may be stressful.
I understand that idiotic people only make it more stressful.
I will not purposely make their job harder, and I try to be friendly and pleasant to them.

But I’ll be damned before I’ll put up with rudeness from a person who is supposed to be helpful to the clients and customers of their service—ESPECIALLY if it’s a minor “public service” job like a bus driver, a person at the DMV or the city water department…this is double if they’re rude to a kid. You chose this crappy job—if you don’t like it or you’re unhappy, quit!

Edit: This is not an “old man yelling at a cloud” phenomenon—I started developing this attitude when I was in my early 40’s, when I realized the bitter, angry young woman at the city water department and the old [illigetimate child] in the city planning office were pendejos to everyone; I politely reminded them that each of them worked for the city, therefore they worked for the citizens of our fair burg…I said, “If you can’t be nice, at least be polite.”

Interestingly enough, the Assistant City Manager was walking by as I was (again, politely) making this statement. To my surprise, she agreed with me and rebuked both of them. I don’t know if it was related to this event, but neither of them were city employees within six months.

Last edited:

Bob Womack

Friend of Leo's
That’s one way to take years off yer age 😁

My wife was carded on our honeymoon when we ordered a glass of wine each. Of course, it was 1980, she was a month shy of twenty, the drinking age was eighteen, and being petite, she did look something like a child. OK, a gorgeous child.

ruthiebwvsm.jpg

She was still being carded when she was forty. She used to hate to be called "cute" but when she passed fifty and I was still calling her that, I finally convinced her that her youthful looks were a benefit.

Bob