1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Bullet

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by colombo45, Apr 13, 2021.

1. colombo45

colombo45 TDPRI Member

My Classic Vibe Esquire has developed a hump in the neck around the 5th fret so it has to go to a fender authorized servicer. In the meantime I got a Bullet to fill the gap.

I'm waiting for an Artec Big Dot bridge pickup from reverb. For now I'm using the stock pickup which is pretty brittle at higher volumes with my Nextone. I wired it with no switch and a .022 orange drop like a Les Paul junior. The neck pickup was pretty muddy even lowered down but that's fine by me. The switch was awful.

The low E nut slot needed lowering so I just used an old E string wrapped between my hands and went slow. It's a bit better now. The G rings out weird behind the nut so I also ordered a three-string tree.

I'd like to add split-post tuners eventually and maybe a Wilkinson ashtray with comp saddles. I'll have to top-load but that doesn't bother me much.
    20210413_164416_HDR~2.jpg

2. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Friend of Leo's

Cool. Have fun. Black and tort is just right.

3. d barham

d barham Tele-Afflicted

Yes the black and tort look good, especially with the dark fretboard.

colombo45 likes this.
  4. mkdaws32

mkdaws32 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Looks great! Some of them need a little work, like you are doing, but it will be a solid player once you are done! I have a few (too many?) Strats and Teles, Fender and Squier, but my #1 right now is the lowest end Squier I have - an Affinity Strat - that I modded heavily.

colombo45 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.