1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Bullet Tele 1watt 810

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by thankyouguitar, Nov 23, 2020.

1. thankyouguitar

thankyouguitar Tele-Meister

I know there was some interest hearing this rig when I posted a picture a bit ago. I finally made a recording (file is on my personal site. please click with confidence):

http://4gre.org/C/3path.wav

And here's a pic of the rig again. SFG Squier Bullet Tele into a 1watt pillbottle amp I built into the 810. Or more accurately, 610. I pulled the stock speakers out of the top half and put in 2 Eminence Delta 10As to add some air to the sound. I'm not losing any power handling capability since the 10As are rated up to 350 watts RMS which would give me 700 watts up top and 400 from the bottom half when I run them separately. I'm going to have to build more pillbottle amps! XD

sfgtele1watt810.jpg

2. scooteraz

scooteraz Friend of Leo's

Cool little amp. Really fun when you play those simple little amps through a big rig.

Quite a few years ago, my son and I were at a pawn shop that sold the Smokey amps. They advertised that they were 0.5 watts. I told my son, that was 20 dB down from a 50 watt Marshall. He didn’t believe me, and the owner allowed me to plug a Smokey into a 4x12 Marshall cab he had there. I strummed the first chord and my son, responding to the volume of the little amp said “Engineers, who knew?”

I’ve had a couple of those Smokey amps, and learned a lot about playing electric by having such a limited power amp.

thankyouguitar likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.