Built this in a building class last week. My first non-kit.

Duggo

TDPRI Member
#texastoast
46.jpg

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 38.jpg
    38.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 31

KeithDavies 100

Tele-Meister
Fantastic - well done! That class shot is just great.

I built one over several months at an evening class years ago. It was stolen in a burglary on my home about a month after I finished it and never seen again! It was a double-cut - I traced a Les Paul and mirror-imaged the lower half. Mahogany body and through-neck. Ebony fretboard. Seymour Pearly Gates and Seymour Jazz, I think. Second might have been a JB.

I wasn't particularly skilled, but working the wood was one of the most enjoyable things I'd ever done. And, I suppose, no-one's that great, first time round on something. One day I'll prioritise it and set the time aside to go back and try that again.

TN Tele

Tele-Meister
Platinum Supporter
Congrats Texas Toaster's! I built my first guitar in a class with them a while back. There will lots of things a fast class doesn't have the time to teach you. So build a few more on your own, you will have a million questions but you will learn along the way. Build a LP, a V, an Explorer, a Strat and a SG and start thinking about your own design, modern, retro, vintage or maybe something weird. Just go for it. It's truly the only way to get better at it and to find your happy place. TDPRI is a great resource and you should take advantage of all they builders vast knowledge. Good luck.