1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

built a thinline for a friend, this one fought me the whole way

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by ben smith, Oct 27, 2019.

1. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Afflicted

nothing fit, the neck was way too wide at heel, routs were in the wrong place and too wide, string through holes were no where near in the right place, getting the bridge on was a nightmare so that the rout cavity didn't show on either side-a compromise was needed, scale length was wrong so a lot of altering was needed-compensated saddles helped, they sent me the wrong pickguard! the body has blems on the back like a big bubble (nothing to some everything to me O.C.D boy) maaaan! never again! you try and do something nice for someone and bad luck strikes at every turn, i didn't even charge a penny for this, i spent £100 quid of my own money! but! i prevailed god damn it to heck! two nights no sleep! ran out of cigarettes car is broken shop is miles away! hahaha i bloody hope he likes it, oh! and the neck had the worst fret sprout ever! i'm done i think? here it is, nice though eh? still not finished though.... SAM_0545.JPG SAM_0542.JPG SAM_0543.JPG SAM_0544.JPG

2. joeford

joeford Friend of Leo's

haha! been there a few times! looks like it turned out decent. what are the parts so i know what to avoid?

ben smith likes this.
  3. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Afflicted

eden crafter series body, had problems in the past with them big time! northwest guitars neck, had problems with them in the past too, but they are a great company and gave me a neck free, this neck has horrible grain and fret sprout but will be a good player.

4. joeford

joeford Friend of Leo's

yeah Eden is on my blacklist. i think their entire business model is tricking first time customers into buying garbage with cheap prices. i can't imagine they have any repeat customers...

ben smith likes this.
  5. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Afflicted

complete junk! and this thing chips like mad! i am now a nitro fan without a doubt.

6. ben smith

ben smith Tele-Afflicted

after that rant i strung it up and wow! this is the nicest guitar i have ever played hahaha

7. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

Looks good, though. Congratulations!

ben smith likes this.
  8. dblues

dblues Tele-Holic

Sometimes the "problem child" turns out ok, even lovable.

ben smith likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.