Building a Classic Rock Setlist

RetiredUnit1

Tele-Holic
A couple to add
Thank You by Led Zeppelin. Interesting in it's four uses of the D chord as the main hook.

God gave rock and roll to us, by Kiss. Virtually the definition of Rock.

1658684737428.png

mindlobster

Tele-Afflicted
AC/DC has great songs, and the lead guitar is doable.
They are maybe a little bit misoginist, but still good material.
I don't see how Angus Young can play guitar flawlesly while twitching around the way he does.
Is he really playing or do they dub in the lead during the performances?
It's a fair point about the lyrics, I think they could get away with it with the original singer, but that's a long time ago. I don't think the lyrics for Back In Black are particularly misogynistic, though. I've seen them a few times and he can play and move although it's a bit looser of course! But that was also a long time ago, to be honest I assume 'most' big bands doing big shows use some technology to keep them sounding tight.

Gnometowner

Tele-Meister
Biggest tip jar drop Shwamprat ever got was a $100 bill for playing "I Got A Line On You" by Spirit. Big old school Hells Angel dropped a $100 bill in the bucket.
My favorite covers to play, "Young Lust" " Breathe, Time, Breathe Reprise" medly, by Pink Floyd, "Running Down A Dream"and "Last Dance With Mary Jane" by Tom Petty
"James Dean" "Somebodys goñna hurt someone"and "Witchy Woman" by the Eagles
"Funk 49" and "Turn To Stone" by Joe Walsh
"Wonderful Tonight" and "Badge" by Clapton
"Story of Your Eyes" and "Knights in White Satin" by Moody Blues

We played 40% originals, 60% good covers
Always stayed booked, lots of cool good paying private parties. I think that tells alot about how good we were.