Build idea...

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Danjabellza, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Friend of Leo's

I’m thinking of building a slightly over the top t-style that I think some of you here might think is cool. Essentially it’s based on the John5 player triple Tele deluxe.

I’m thinking thinline (maybe even a danelectro style build) with a hard tail, 3 WRHB and where it would differ would be the pickups/electronics. I’d have the pickups modded with magnetic rods/rewound vs the bar magnets (I know cunife isn’t really an option now).

For controls, I would have a master tone/master volume. For switching I would put in a 2 way on/off mini toggle switch for each pickup, and a 3 way mini toggle North/Both/South switch for each pickup.

This would provide at least 19 hum canceling combinations. With even more options if hum canceling isn’t so important.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  2. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Poster Extraordinaire

Great idea. Imagine a Danelectro style tele with a bound Sitka spruce top and a set neck. It would be a work of art.

Danjabellza likes this.
  3. Danjabellza

I was thinking something very similar to that but cedar. The spruce would certainly be more durable.

4. JuneauMike

Yeah, cedar is beautiful but crazy soft and I'd worry that it would dampen vibration. But I don't know that for a fact.

Danjabellza likes this.
  5. Danjabellza

I’m going down a mental rabbit hole now, kicking around baritone options as well... I think the danelectro construction option really brings that up. But yeah. A t-ish danelectro construction swamp ash back/sides, spruce topped, standard or baritone with that electronics option. Would be super cool.

6. mjstamos

mjstamos Tele-Meister

I just sold a John 5 Triple Tele Deluxe with an Electrical Guitar Company aluminum neck I put on. Great build choice in this case it was just oo heavy! The mirror guard has a brass back plate that is not just for show, monster weight and tone. You can see a reflection of my ceiling in the shot.
    [​IMG]

Danjabellza likes this.
  7. JuneauMike

Yeah, one of my bucket list goals is to build a danolectro version of a Harmony Stratotone, carving the body and neck from scratch.

skj6denzerfsolnwlxql.jpg

I'd want it to behave more like an electric and be less eccentric then these guitars are known to be so I'd route out the cavity instead of bending the sides like an acoustic. I think its doable.

Danjabellza likes this.
  8. JuneauMike

I should have added. I've got way too many guitars as it is. So my bucket list guitar will probably be a tenor model. That just seems like it would be fun.

Danjabellza likes this.
  9. Danjabellza

I really want to use my 6 year old son as an excuse to get one of those alternate reality tenor tele’s.

10. JuneauMike

A hostage situation. I like it.

Danjabellza likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.