Build A One Brand Pedal Chain

Frisco 57

Tele-Holic
I kind of had a thing for those Ibanez pedals for a while.

IMG_3926 (2).jpg

radtz

Tele-Afflicted
If money was no object, maybe Dunlop/MXR??? If i'm using real world money, then I would go with Joyo.

tele_pathic

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
I would choose Dunlop, which is also the umbrella for MXR and Way Huge, but they're all Dunlop. So I could use dunlop for wah and Way Huge for OD (probably the pork loin) and fuzz (the swollen pickle).

Another reason to choose dunlop: I'm a huge Tom Morello fan. I could get two of his signature pedals from Dunlop and a power supply and just rock the **** out of that. MXR TM wah and MXR Power 50 amp in a box. Power supply. The only other brand I would require would be digitech for a DT whammy 5, which I already have (and off topic, but that whammy is so versatile and fun and good-sounding for all kinds of stuff).

JesterR

Tele-Afflicted
How did you like the Galileo?
For me, it one of the most underrated CB pedal. I also had CB30, and they sounds totally different. Galileo has nice thick mids and just the right compression to have a very sweet tone with single coils.
And treble booster works nice in tandem. They definitely tweaked it to work in the best way with OD.

I've used it a lot with my surf rock band. Only one thing, which I had problem with: thick fuzzes, like fuzz face, Big Muff, etc. They just did not stacks well, with it. On the other hand, fuzzes like fuzzrite sounds great with it.

I do not know, why this pedal was not popular. And also, design is just gorgeous.

generic202

Tele-Meister
I once put together all 80's Boss pedalboard where even the board/carrying case was Boss. Heck even the cables and power supply was Boss. It's long gone now...

Attachments

• aewyjasmuhum6zxfrldl.jpg
    aewyjasmuhum6zxfrldl.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 13
  • ooqmoc2rldyk2hcprmoi.jpg
    ooqmoc2rldyk2hcprmoi.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 13

ReverendRevolver

Friend of Leo's
My "board" from age 16 to 20 something was nyc big muff->small clone. That counts, right? I could easily swap 2 pedals from my "main board" to a flatiron fuzz (csw rat) and a dmm(maxon ad999) but the dmm doesn't sound as good as the Maxon, or I'd have bought it instead, and the flatiron isn't as useful as the lm308 rat, or I'd have bought it Instead.
Brand loyalty is cool, but but without a personal request from Mike Matthew's, I have no plans to convert.

Oh, and the power supply is BBE.
I will say Dano boards LOOK pretty awesome, especially with the plastic car shaped wah and trem pedals.

gitlvr

Friend of Leo's
Since I would never have the cash, I'll go for 6 vintage Digitech/DOD Pedals.
FX80 Compressor
Bad Monkey or Screamin Blues
250 OD
Ice Box Stereo Chorus
FX96 Delay
Digiverb Reverb
That would do everything I ever need.

edipo

Tele-Meister
I remember many years ago a thread like this and I answered EHX, but now I think I’d say Earthquaker. I’m more into the possibilities for weirder sounds rather than classic ones.

Skyhook

Friend of Leo's
If you had to build a pedalboard that only had pedals from one brand/maker, what would your chain be like? Thanks!
Balancing price and quality with availability and amount of pedals there's only
one answer here: Boss.

Now, to switch it up, let's imagine a one pedal(type) board, like all OD for instance.
Which brands would get included and why? 🙃

arlum

Friend of Leo's
Platinum Supporter
It can't be done. Both Mad Professor and JAM offer maybe half of what I might list but neither has all and a few other brands offer one or two I wouldn't go without. No one is the best at everything..

pi

Tele-Holic
Most brands don't have a tuner in the lineup, and I would like to have a tuner. I guess BOSS it is.