Build a new studio

nikkiGaryb

TDPRI Member
Hello, I have been building a studio in my home, so the construction process was a bit hectic. But the end product was really worth it. But now I am left with a lot of debris and construction waste. So do anyone know how can I get rid of it? and also where could I find some bin rentals?

Axis29

Poster Extraordinaire
Here in the States, one of the big trash collection companies ells bags in some of the Home Depots that work like a small dumpster...

I work as a cabinetmaker and furniture maker

Not sure how to help you locally. Maybe someone from The Great White North will be along soon to help?

Steve Holt

Friend of Leo's
Yeah this definitely seems like more of a local question. Have you checked with whoever handles your trash now, whether that be the local municipality or a 3rd party trash company?

In my experience whoever does your regular trash service is more than willing to help out with extra bins, pickups, etc. For a fee.

Ajs91

TDPRI Member
If any of it is still usable, then you could try posting it for free online on a site like craigslist or some local community board. Given the cost of materials these days I would imagine that someone might be interested in it.

If the material is not usable anymore, then you can always figure out what is considered 'acceptable' refuse by your local trash pickup service provider and break the material down into a manageable size to be bagged up or easily handled and then just put it at the end of your drive. The stuff that they won't accept is above my pay grade though.

Ultimately, I would call my local trash service provider and ask them what I could do with whatever it was that I had leftover.

old soul

Tele-Holic
Lots of independent trash & junk haulers here. Imagine a quick local internet search would get you on the right path

Jim_in_PA

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Quantity and location matters...if you have a lot of the construction debris, a small dumpster/container rental from a local trash hauler might be warranted. If you know a business owner that uses these containers and you only have a moderate amount of debris, ask them if you can deposit it in their container in whatever space might be in there the day before their regular pickup. Offer to pay a little. I have a contractor friend I've done that with. In some areas, (like where I live) construction debris is actually supposed to go to a local recycling center. I took a large trailer load there when cleaning out my old shop prior to our recent move. It's charged by weight. They weigh you on the way in and on the way out. The difference is what you pay for. There's usually a minimum charge. I paid $75 for what was about 1200 lbs of "stuff".

Many solutions...but they are geography specific.

nikkiGaryb

TDPRI Member
Thank you for the replies, just like you've said I did a local search on google and found this bin rental company, But confused about whether to hire them or not! Does anyone know about them?

Jim_in_PA

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
You might be able to learn more about the company you are referring to by asking in a locally-focused group. Here in the US, that would be something like "NextDoor" in many areas. Not sure what your options are in Ontario, but it's likely you have the same or similar. You'd have to get really lucky to find someone here that's familiar with the specific company you are wondering about.

Twang-ineer

Tele-Meister
Before going to a bin (dumpster) rental ..... look up the term "junk hauler" they deal with everything for you. My Brother in Law, retired from the Software rat race and started a junk hauling company, and I gotta say, he is sooo much happier and really enjoys his job driving his pickup and trailer around picking up stuff to take to the dump.

So help a small business out and get a Junk Hauler to do the work for ya!

Timbresmith1

Friend of Leo's
Hello, I have been building a studio in my home, so the construction process was a bit hectic. But the end product was really worth it. But now I am left with a lot of debris and construction waste. So do anyone know how can I get rid of it? and also where could I find some bin rentals?
Johnny Cash Cadillac method.
One piece at a time. In the residential trash can.