1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Bugera v22 infinium: cool or crap?

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by Coolmody, Nov 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BlueCollarBoy

BlueCollarBoy Tele-Meister

Find a used Peavey Classic 30 combo for the same money. I have had both and the CL 30 blows it out of the water.

2. brashboy

brashboy TDPRI Member

The Bugera V22 is very nice and has great tone, but as some have said, you don't buy it for the reverb or gain - those have to be added outboard. The Peavey is a tone monster w/o a doubt.

A friend recently bought a Harley Benton amp from Thomann in the UK (their Chinese brand, I think) and is happy enough with it that he's gonna sell his Crate. Sounds really good and even cheaper than the Bugera.

3. kaborex

kaborex Tele-Meister

They are solid reliable amps. Have a second hand one for the last 3-4 years. Gig every weekend and never let me down. Very nice clean channel. Sorry very very very nice clean channel.

4. kaborex

kaborex Tele-Meister

Now that I have a mesa boogie rectoverb I am contemplating converting it to a hand wired re-issue of some sort. Thus saving money on the transformer/enclosure/ speakers etc ...

5. Massimo636

Massimo636 TDPRI Member

Great clean channel! Very nice-sounding amp. I'd get it as a clean platform for pedals, not for the drive side. Treat it like a Fender amp.

6. TimmyV

TimmyV Tele-Holic

The Bugera v series amps with the blue amp jewel are the one you have to stay away from unless you have soldering skills. Had a non infinum with a amber jewel for years . No problems. Actually a very well built amp inside and out. Clean channel with pedals. Play around with some valves in v1 until you find the clean sound you like. For me it was a Tung Sol 12ax7. Got me the closest to a Fender clean.

7. old wrench

old wrench Tele-Afflicted

I've got one of BC 30 Bugeras. They initially got some bad press because a lot of them had pre-amp tube failures right from the git-go. I got a good deal on mine and re-tubed with Tung-sol 12ax7's. It's been absolutely trouble free ever since. I get some very nice overdriven tones out of it just by plugging straight into it. Plenty of power and very loud!

It's always seemed to me that there are a lot more Bugera haters than there are Bugera owners. The Bugera hate wagon was a pretty popular one to jump onto ;).

I don't have anything bad to say about them other than the cabinets are too stinkin' heavy!

Best Regards,
    Geo.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.