1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Bueno! from the Land of Enchantment

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by BluePaint, Aug 15, 2013.

1. BluePaint

BluePaint TDPRI Member

First off, fellow members:

Thank you so much for this wonderful board, and it's tremendous depth of knowledge, experience and community.

I have been reading TDPRI for the past year, and have thus nearly received a complete book education in Lutherie Arts. My deepest appreciations to all here for this.

Brief hello and basics:

My name is Eric Laing, live and work just east of Santa Fe, New Mexico, played new music in several successful west coast bands as a singer and guitarist from early to late eighties ... quit to get away from the music 'business' and to take some time to actually learn how to play. Have worked as a fine woodworker, residential builder, master craftsman since.

AM currently very interested in putting together a Luthier's Shop ... initially by supplying parts to fellow members and players of boards just like TDPRI (but really, is there another one???) :) And then moving into complete custom guitar making as reputation and 'hands on' skills come together.

[edit: NOT PRESENTLY IN BUSINESS YET!]

Not sure if my ABQ neighbor Jack reads the intro threads ... deeply respect him and his way of being ... quite an asset here and have learned much from his down home approach and way of thinking. The neck routing jig threads really made my days, while trying to figure out how to do repetition with out reverting to modern CNC production. Much to acknowledge.

And today, finally getting back to "Fender Spaghetti Font" research/ fine tuning for a couple interested suppliers who are members here has me 'pulling the trigger' on finally signing up. Did anything ever come of Tom S and his vector project? I got distracted by the new member sign up while chasing those threads.

Here is my [edit: proposed] company logo, and while working through it last couple days ... have hand drawn/designed now nearly the entire 52 letter "Fenderbet" - hopefully to eventually share with the group here.

So, howdy, good to meet ya, and have yer'selves wonderful days!

Eric

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  2. Casey4s

Casey4s Tele-Meister

Welcome to the TDPRI!

3. fenderix

fenderix Poster Extraordinaire

Welcome to the TDPRI, Eric! Best of luck with putting together the Luthier's Shop!
    Enjoy!

4. Blustele

Blustele Tele-Afflicted

Welcome!

5. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Welcome aboard.

6. BluePaint

BluePaint TDPRI Member

Thank each of you for the welcome.

Still waiting on JBennet to get back with me concerning his excellent work ... and if he feels it
    inappropriate to unleash the TDPRI wild spaghetti font upon the world of DIY finishers.

7. stratomite

stratomite Tele-Meister

Northern New Mexico has some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. Love the whole Enchanted Circle...Taos to Angel Fire to Red River.

Oh, and welcome aboard!

8. Picklew

Picklew Tele-Meister

Ooh that all sounds very exciting - good luck with it all !

9. FrankJames

FrankJames Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Welcome to the forum, Eric !!

10. BluePaint

BluePaint TDPRI Member

Stratomite: Lived in KCMO for 15 years before relocating here (yes ... Vegas, Mora, Angel Fire, Taos then back to the Pecos) ... have you run across Steve, Guitarchitect in OPKS? Hes doing really fine burst finishes.

TY Sarah. Best to you as well!

FrankJames, thank you as well, Sir!

11. deputydog

deputydog Tele-Holic

Welcome and best of luck!

12. 6942

6942 Poster Extraordinaire

Welcome to the forum Eric!

I've been living about 10 miles SE of Santa Fe since December of 2009.
    It's a total hoot living in NM for sure!!

Steve

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.