*Buckocaster51 vs. Preeb*

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Jack Wells, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Jack Wells

Jack Wells Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

We now have two people with gigantic threads. Here are a few stats as of earlier today.

[​IMG]

Hmmm......... interesting. What conclusions can be drawn. I've got a few.

2. mr newhaven

mr newhaven Tele-Afflicted

here's my conclusion...i would love any guitar that either of these master craftsman can make!

i have to give the edge though to PREEB for a couple of reasons...he has the same watch as me...and secondly his Les Paul was eye-poppingly gorgeous!

3. SimpleOne

SimpleOne Friend of Leo's

They are both gentlemanly communicators.

I will go with Thumper...

4. newtwanger

newtwanger Blackguardian. Ad Free + Supporter

That these two guys have had an influence on the way many, many of us build/assemble guitars, and we're lucky enough that this forum doesn't have idiots who push away the truly helpful (like some other elitist unnamed forums) so we continue to benefit from their helpful posts.

5. Mojotron

Mojotron Poster Extraordinaire

+1 - Ya the only conclusion I can make is that this is a great forum and there are many like these two (Jack, Mr Lee....) who are an asset to people around the world from their contributions here.

6. mr newhaven

mr newhaven Tele-Afflicted

agreed!

i hate that...everyone can have an opinion...but please...don't think youre better than someone who methodically chronicles their work for the sole purpose of benefiting the group as a whole!

if someone feels as though they know a better way to do a particular step in the process chime in for sure...but if you think you're way is better than others...start your own damn thread...and post as well as they do and we...the members can be the judge...

but something tells me these guys dont do it for our approval as much as they do it for themselves and share out of generosity!

7. cpeters01

cpeters01 Tele-Meister

My conclusion: There are 2 threads that are easy to find that contain a wealth of information that is priceless and where the owners have forgotten more than I will likely ever know about making guitars. Each have developed techniques and styles of their own and each has a genius about the way they do their work and share their knowledge. There are others who do this as well but have a different way of organizing their information; Ron Kirn, Jack Wells, Scooter and guitarnut being note-able among those. My thanks to all of you and maybe soon, when my time isn't being used building my shop, I can put some of this info to use by building a few guitars.

8. Casual_Reader

Casual_Reader Tele-Holic

that jack hates looking through page after page when he knows the info he's looking for is there :D

9. tnt423

tnt423 Tele-Meister

My two cents, I think both are inspired craftsmen. We should all feel privledged that they let us virtually watch them work and freely answer our questions with respect and good humor.

10. kwerk

kwerk Poster Extraordinaire

I don't own a Les Paul, I'm not a fan of sparkle or checkerboard, but I am a loyal subscriber to both threads, and page over both regularly. The vast knowledge displayed makes me feel like I'm stealing something cos that experience just shouldn't come free. My heartfelt thanks to both, and to all the other posters I can draw inspiration from, especially Jack, Scatter, Nick and countless others. If they would just stop posting wonderful stuff so I can get on with building something myself! (kidding, please keep posting, I'm just making excuses)... :D

11. dalandan

dalandan Tele-Afflicted

I therefore conclude, I need to make enough to buy a guitar from each of these guys.

12. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    They have lots of useful info... BUT I don't look at either one of those discussions anymore. I think its pointless. They are far too big to be able to go in and find any meaningful information and I'm certainly not going to sit down for 3 days and go from start to finish. I seldom open any discussion that has more than 4 pages.

13. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Telefied Ad Free Member

They are different strokes for different folks. The LP build is a unique opportunity to see one person's painstaking approach to duplicating as much as possible one type of iconic instrument that is near and dear to my heart. Gil certainly sees things that I just would gloss over. Really though, there are only so many ways to skin a cat so to speak and the basics of the build is the same without all the minute details of instrument duplication. I find it all very interesting and perplexing at the same time. It's a factory made product....
    On the other hand, I've visited the sparkle thread a few times but never really got into it as much because of arriving to the party so late. For me, having to pick and choose threads to read certainly is impacted by its length. Multiply that by the number of forums here and you could spend your life at TDPRI and I already spend too much time here when I should be making chips. Given all that, my feeling is that at some point there probably should be an end to one thread and a new thread started in its place. I find the search engine totally frustrating at times.

14. kwerk

kwerk Poster Extraordinaire

I don't wanna incur any wrath from the mods here, but someone posted instructions a while back on how to how to set up a TDPRI searchbar for your browser.. it uses the big G to search TDPRI and sends you to specific pages of threads based on your search. It also does the usual big G thing of showing some context in the results. It works a mile better IMO than the TDPRI search (was that thunder? I could have sworn I heard thunder). Just sayin...

15. OuttaspaceMan

OuttaspaceMan Tele-Afflicted

+1

There's just too many beautiful guitars in the world but with so little "time".

16. irishtele

irishtele Tele-Meister

My conclusion is that how lucky are we to have a forum with 2 EPIC threads! And not only do they show us how they do it but they also answer out questions! How awesome is that???

17. Vanguard448

Vanguard448 Tele-Meister

My conclusion is that they should start a new thread in which they start a build at the same time and see who can finish first.
    Just sayin'... :p

Oh, and Gil should build a guitar and get Bucko to give it checkerboard binding and sparklies.
    Again, just sayin'... :p

On a more serious note, they are both phenomenal builders and this is the best forum in the world. I have only ever been on one other forum with a community as tight-knit as this one, and that was a Warhammer forum (I'm a dork... don't really play anymore though).

God/Allah/Buddah/Flying Spaghetti Monster/whatever you believe in bless the TDPRI! :D

18. treadwm

treadwm Tele-Meister

I'm pretty sure that much sparklie in one place would cause irreparable retina damage!
    :lol:

19. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

There was this guy, Jwells393.

Man, did he ever have some great posts.

I wonder what happened to him? :^) :^) :^)

TDPRI is great; there's SO much good stuff here, I hesitate to try and keep track and how much I have learned and already forgotten and from whom. What a magnificent treasure trove.

Thanks to all the wise men!!

20. adirondak5

adirondak5 Wood Hoarder Extraordinaire

That about covers it Boris !

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.