Brothers and Sisters, I Need Your Help On a New Looper.

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by GoldDeluxe5E3, Dec 10, 2018.

1. GoldDeluxe5E3

GoldDeluxe5E3 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I swear I didn't kick the crap out of my Ditto Looper. It was used in the living room only, and half the time, without shoes.

That didn't stop the thing's plunger switch from giving up the ghost. I build my own tweed deluxe, but the compacted ic sandwiches inside the DL have made me surrender to the idea that I need a new looper instead of attempting micro surgery to replace the switch. Enlighten me if you know better.

So, I'm asking you folks to recommend a <$100 looper with:
    1. a stronger plunger switch
    2. a single-stomp to stop the loop playback.
    Even if you can't address both criteria, I'd still like to hear your thoughts. I need a new looper soon, or despair may set in.

2. awasson

awasson Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I’m interested in what you get for recommendations. I’ve been wanting a looper for a while myself. I was considering a Loop Station or a Nuix Loop core pedal.

3. Loudog99

Loudog99 Tele-Holic

I bought both the Ditto and Zoom G1on two years ago. I like them both a lot, but definitely prefer the larger “button” on the G1on. For short 30 second loops such as a pedal tone, single chord vamp, or I-V backing it works great. Also, the built in drum tracks are more interesting than your basic metronome. The built in patches suck, but it’s simple to great your own. Also, you can load simple patch with noise gate, amp, reverb, and boost pedal and use it as a headphone amp for quiet practice......even able to plug in the phone and jam along to songs. I highly recommend the Zoom G1on as a looper with built in drum machine.....the effects are simply a bonus.

GoldDeluxe5E3 likes this.
  4. MrCairo46

MrCairo46 Friend of Leo's

Ditto ditto, there I said it.

5. mistermikev

mistermikev Tele-Holic

imho boss stuff is about as bulletproof as it gets. the dd7 has a great and very simple looper. the loop station is nice cause it will hold yer loop while off (I use it a lot for testing and have had the same loop in it for months). not easy to use (at least it took me opening the manual to learn how to run it). Those are the only two I have experience with so - mileage may vary.

GoldDeluxe5E3 likes this.
  6. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I started with the Ditto, and I found it too basic even for me.

Since then I've owned a JamMan Solo XT, and currently a Boss RC-3. Either of those should get you a long, long way. I don't really have a preference, they're both nice. And not that expensive. I got both mine used on Reverb.

thesamhill and GoldDeluxe5E3 like this.
  7. John How

John How Tele-Meister

ianL likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.