Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by 1bad914, Apr 24, 2020.
This is an awesome build 1bad. Great reading through it.
I finished the back braces and started gluing them on. You can’t see it in the picture, but there is a 20 inch long caul under the back that has the required 15 foot radius. I used it as a guide and finish sander for the back braces.
I also had to take a sneak peak at the perfling.
Inside shot and a couple of the back. You can see the caul in this shot better. The back may go on tomorrow. I have to cut the notches for the back braces.
You might want to consider some cross grain side braces while you have the chance. Even something like Martin does with linen soaked in glue. Helps prevent the infamous key crack
I put them on the dreadnought I did last, but the plans don’t call for them. I’ll have to think about it. Thx
I automatically put them on every guitar I build. My old Martin had to have a key crack fixed, might as well prevent it if you can.
After thinking about it have decided to put them on. It’s like insurance, May not ever need it, but nice to have.
I added the side braces today and decided that I wanted to add an end graft. I usually do this before I put the top on, but decided to add it after I had it on.
Had about an hour of shop time this morning. Cut the notches for the back braces. Fits nicely. The back should go on tomorrow. That means clamp porn pictures are coming.
Man, that’s gonna be a beauty!
That endblock detail is sweet!
Thx It add a nice touch.
The top is on and drying. Clamp porn as promised, but a bit dark due to us losing power this morning. I used some natural light and a flashlight.
This thing is going to be stunning!
Thx. I love doing this. It is very addictive.
I have a neck that would work for this about 1/2 done, but it is not really what I want. So after this dries and I route off the excess I will most likely start a new neck or start the perfling binding install process.
Pic with light.