1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Brotherhood Build 2021 WIP

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by soundcloset, Apr 13, 2021.

1. soundcloset

soundcloset TDPRI Member

Oof. Don't forget to save your changes so you don't have to type it all out twice...

Here's a headless I started back when the build was announced. I get to it when I can; I never slowed down work despite the lockdowns, so it's scattershot. The mahogany is from Steinway in NYC curtesy of the brother-in-law, the maple is from some benches we tore out here at school, the truss rod is from something I took apart, the humbucker ("Sounds just like a super-distortion!"), Fender custom shop single and Overlord of Music trem is from the 'bay. The walnut for the fretboard is from behind Martin in Nazareth one chilly morning when the geese refused to fly in the freezing rain, go figure. Inspiration is from Strandberg and the weird look of the truncated experimental/ergonomic guitar shapes. But my criteria is only it can't affect the family budget or take time from anyone else, and headless 'cause I never tried that. Images attached, hopefully. Neck, glued.jpeg Neck with fretboard.jpeg Neck bits.jpeg Body, rough.jpeg Body, finished.jpeg

2. soundcloset

soundcloset TDPRI Member

A mini-toggle is in the spot between the knobs for flipping the phase of the neck pickup. The fretboard is radiused, 10" to 14". I found a bit of polished aluminum sheet here at work from some recent construction, for a control cavity cover that bends at the corner to create the flap the output socket sits in. Another Strandberg feature I'm copying.

3. MarkA

MarkA Tele-Meister

Looks like it’s gonna be cool. I’d be tempted to replace the white pup covers with wood or something to compliment the rest of its beauty.

4. old wrench

old wrench Friend of Leo's

@soundcloset , you might post this over in the Tele Home Depot (DIY) part of the forum along with all the rest of the 2021 Brotherhood Builds :).

Good to see you joining in with the rest of us taking part in the 2021 Brotherhood Build!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.