So I got to the installment part of my brand new BK Boot Camp-pups. Did a more or less complete rewiring. New pots, new cap, new pickups. Got everything together, but the bridge pick up said nothing at all. Checked continuity in circuit. All well. Redid the ground wiring which was slightly strange from stock. Still nothing. Checked the pickup itself. The tiny tiny wire connecting the coil to the black wire was snapped. The grounding plate connected to one of the screws was probably to blame (but mostly my hamfistedness of course) The internet told me that if it was the "outer" end of the coil, I could unwind one turn and have extra wire to work with. Of course it wasn't, so the internet said the pickup was probably scrap now. (Funny how the internet seems to talk back at you sometimes, innit?) I wrote a humble email to Bareknuckles explaining my predicament. They replied instantly and very kindly told me that rewiring would be more expensive than a new one. They suggested I tried soldering the two ends together again. I just could not make that work! With only micro thin wire and no good surface it just got everything very messy. I nearly tossed the pickup, but decided as a last resort to try to just flip the broken coil end down over the side and solder it to ground directly instead. The signal would have to travel a bit further to get to the ground wire to the volume pot, but hey, ground is ground. It actually worked! The pickup sounds as loud and great now as the other one. Of course this would never work with the live wire. But with the ground end it does not seem to matter much. Cudos also to the good folks at Bareknuckles for not just making a top notch product at a fair price (in € at least) but also being so very accessible. I think I exchanged 10 emails with them over the course of choosing, buying and fitting their products. They were swift, kind and very helpful.