Broken Clavicle Anyone?

pixeljammer

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I heard Stevie Wonder broke his clavicle playing Superstition a bit too vigorously at a concert, so you’re in good company.

hnryclay

Tele-Holic
Broke mine at 36 playing rugby. Took a month off and finished the season. Very odd feeling when it broke, other player landed on my shoulder as I went down the force of him hitting my back and the ball hitting the ground broke my collar bone right near the sternum. Juat kinda popped, not a lot of pain, but everything kinda shifted and went numb. Have a largish bump where it healed.

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
Broke mine in high school football taking a diving fullback right to the clavicle. Shoulder pads just weren't that effective back then I guess. Just wore a sling and rubbed dirt on it daily back then by coaches orders. Probably put you in a coma today and hold a telethon in your honor.

One thing is certain though, as you age you will feel every single injury you ever had in life. This will just be another one to help predict the weather.

Give it time, you want it to heal properly or else you risk them having to re-break it later to correct it. No sense in crossing the bridge twice.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
80? Felt like I may has well been when I fell off that ladder.

I hope you recover to 100% of what you were before your fall. It should be some kind of regulation that:

When one passes the age of 60, his ladders should be confiscated, and if he tries to acquire another, he will have to show a photo ID indicating his age. Of course, he would then be immediately disqualified from purchasing another ladder through retail channels. Straw purchase sales to those over 60 years of age should be dealt with harshly.

NoTeleBob

Friend of Leo's
I dunno... you're right, ofc, but that came across like -
RUlv8Ugd_400x400.png

Don't take me too seriously. I don't. For the record, what I know about theory fits in a thimble.

Skyhook

Friend of Leo's
Don't take me too seriously. I don't. For the record, what I know about theory fits in a thimble.
Same here. :lol:
I just meant that the recommendation for theory training during
physical downtime sounded like something out of the mouth of some
old martial arts master. I just couldn't decide between Pai Mei,
Mr. Miyagi or Master Shifu.

... so ofc I went with Shifu.

ficelles

Tele-Holic
take the 6 weeks to heal or you will pay for it for a very long time.

get well soon and rest up

Too right... broke mine in '99, healed bad, partial loss of use of my left arm and hand from trapped nerve(s) so had to have an op to re-break it and fix it back together properly with metal parts 18 months later. I wanted mimetic polyalloy but they said they only had titanium. Definitely take the 6 weeks and let it heal properly.

Sea Devil

Friend of Leo's
I broke mine in '87 or '88, doing stupid bikes tricks while drunk. I never saw a doctor. It has a little bump at the distal (shoulder) end but works fine and doesn't hurt.

Phrygian77

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I'll be going to fracture clinic tomorrow, assuming I can get an appointment ASAP. Right now I'm just suffering in a sling and can only type with my right hand.

bcorig

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Lost in the 909 trying to find my way home
I hope you recover to 100% of what you were before your fall. It should be some kind of regulation that:

When one passes the age of 60, his ladders should be confiscated, and if he tries to acquire another, he will have to show a photo ID indicating his age. Of course, he would then be immediately disqualified from purchasing another ladder through retail channels. Straw purchase sales to those over 60 years of age should be dealt with harshly.
That‘s great! I can’t stop laughing.

Tarkus60

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Yeah I broke mine in 2004...I am not allowed on ATV's any more.
I can tell you when it's going to rain...lol

rcole_sooner

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Busted mine clean in a bicycle wreck. Still got the plate and screws in there. No problems. Doc did great. Hell, I couldn't repair a chair leg like that. :lol:

1670244476926.png

1670244492433.png

Glad I had a helmet on.

1670244569892.png

effzee

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
I've had them both broken, at different times through different boneheaded moments. Painful as all get out ( someone please tell me which bones don't hurt when you break them) but they do heal up really well, so long as you play it smart.

Phrygian77

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I've had them both broken, at different times through different boneheaded moments. Painful as all get out ( someone please tell me which bones don't hurt when you break them) but they do heal up really well, so long as you play it smart.

I don't know. I broke two toes and a bone in my foot before back in my 20s. I was running to my laundry room to grab clothes because I was late for work. I just happened to catch the edge of the door jamb/trim.

I didn't think it was that bad until I tried to put my shoe on that foot, and I literally hit the floor in pain.