1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Broadcaster Blend Wiring Issue

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by TNTales, May 6, 2016.

1. TNTales

TNTales Tele-Meister

Hey everyone, I'm having trouble doing the Broadcaster Blend Wiring. I've colored the SD diagram to match the color wires of my wiring (the pickups are Fender Vintage 62s). The red line from the back of the volume pot to the bridge pickup is a ground wire wrapped around the screw at the bridge holding it to the plate. The other black ground wire is connected to the ones you see, it's just underneath the other two so you can't see it well.

When I turn on the amp I get no sound unless I turn the pot all the way up to the "no load position." Then I get a buzz but no sound from the pickups when I tap them with a screwdriver. The buzz quiets when I touch the wire running from the volume pot to the jack lug but still no sound from the pickups. I've included shots of the wiring along with my colored diagram. Thanks in advance.

telemod.jpg wiring.jpg

2. Weeman333

Weeman333 TDPRI Member

It looks right, I can't really see the white and yellow very well

3. netgear69

netgear69 Tele-Afflicted

Have you double checked the wiring to the jackplug 2 leads the same colour could just be a simple mistake on the wrong lug ive made that mistake with black & white it happens

4. sjtalon

sjtalon Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

You really can't (shouldn't) use a no load pot for a volume pot. You don't have that in detent (on 10) when you are trying it right ??

That is just going to kill EVERYTHING that need to go to the jack.

Don't know what the buzz level is, maybe bad to you, but maybe normal, or something you are picking up crap in the environment.

Singe coils buzz some---- some not so bad, some bad.

boris bubbanov likes this.
  5. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Ja, a "no load" pot is for tone controls - it can't be used on a volume circuit.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.