Broadcaster 0402 Sold at Auction Today

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by chomps, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Sax-son

Sax-son Tele-Meister

Yeah, I have been kind of surprised lately when seeing young people building Rat Rods and embracing those cultural item from the late 1950's and early 1960's. The same about guitars as well. They seem to be really enthusiastic about it as well. I get a little irritated seeing these monied boomers(my age group) out there flaunting some perfectly restored vehicle they purchased at a car show and parading it around like they were the one who built it. These millennials or whatever they are called will keep up the tradition I am sure. They are in it for the right reasons from my perspective.

Adam Wolfaardt likes this.
  2. t-ray

t-ray Tele-Afflicted

My theory is that there is a trove of vintage gear stored under beds around the world, just waiting for someone to realize what it is.

3. Erwin

Erwin Tele-Meister

How many of those early 50's or late 40's guitars have not ended up in a land fill or so in the late 50's or early '60's? Before they got worth a lot and collecting them got cool, who knows how many have been thrown away after having been stored under a bed for the best part of 10 years?

4. cincyguitarplay

cincyguitarplay Tele-Meister

So did Joe Bo buy that one too...he says he has around 430 guitars now...:eek:

5. chomps

chomps Tele-Meister

The Les Paul Burst registry, which tracks 58-60 Bursts, shows about 60% are accounted for. Assuming about 15% are still under the bed or in the hands of secretive collects, that leaves 25% that probably broke and were thrown away. I’m guessing it’s about the same for vintage Fenders. I’m still mad at Mom for throwing away my old baseball cards!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. opdev1

opdev1 Tele-Meister

Emerald City Guitars is asking 115K for a Nocaster.

I have a refin (and other issues) broadcaster. But as Jay Rosen said when I bought it (and played 2 originals), it still sounds like a broadcaster.

twang junkie likes this.
  7. Skamania

Skamania Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

I had a 73 Datsun 510 in the 70s. 510s are hot with young people. So there is hope.

I also had a 60s Deluxe Reverb which I sold at a garage sale years ago. :( I bought another 60s DLBF recently and felt the pain. :)

8. agogetr

agogetr Tele-Meister

i spoke with a painter that on a job had an old lady give him a 1938 d-18 it was smashed up she was walking out to the dumpster with it. he had it glued back together and got 10k for it.
    if vintage guitars tank in value then i wasted most of my youth and resources racking up 314000 miles on a little toyota pickup gathering the stuff up. i have used a lot of it but a bunch i havent, i will at some point because i love playing and tinkering with the stuff. at the end of the day i would have never imagined vintage gear would not keep rising in value. i thought it would be a nice little nest egg. time will tell. at least i have taken care of the gear and someone younger will have a go with it at some point.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.