1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

British Blues-Rock. What Do I Need?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Paul in Colorado, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Brian Wright

Brian Wright Tele-Meister

xjazzy likes this.
  2. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

Personally, I'd do my homework & cut to the actual source of question at hand.

3. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

FWIW, a recent Guitarist magazine feature on him showed a Way Huge Overrated Boost pedal.

4. Brian Wright

Brian Wright Tele-Meister

Your right. He says in the video that he has a boost pedal.

5. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

I just heard the Earthquaker Devices Park Fuzz. I think that'd be the bee's knees for the sound in my head. Time to put it on the wish list.

6. Iago

Iago Friend of Leo's

I've been playing Classic Rock in bands for 9 years now and rocking an AC30 since the last year. Here's what' been working for me:

Clean Boost (CAE Boost/Line Driver, but any decent clean boost would work, right? Used for solos only, last pedal in the chain);
    Timmy for light OD (because I like to run the amp loud and clean);
    Marshall type OD (Some songs just ask for it. My current favorite is the Marvel Drive by Ramble FX.)

Everything else is an extra.

I'll throw delay, tremolo, vibe, fuzz (usually a Fuzz Face clone or Roger Mayer Axis clone) and a few others on the remaining spots on the board, but they are far from essential.

If the drummer is loud enough, an attenuator is pointless. What you're going to need is more headroom instead, considering you want a real clean clean, not a super compressed and driven tone. With the drummer in my bands (the drummer and me play in the 2 different ones) 15w is barely enough to be heard through the mix. Oh, IME some pedals don't sound that nice through an amp that's fairly overdriven. Hope this helps.

7. viking

viking Friend of Leo's

If its for the pleasure of using/buying stuff , go ahead , plenty of good advise
    Im sure you already know that it will be far more important to find the same vibe as the original stuff.... IMO , none of the gear used originally is that important....... Someone mentioned Claptons use of Wah back then , to my ears its about the worst Wah sounds ever recorded , and I would gladly pay money not to sound like that.....

8. TeleFunk Man

TeleFunk Man Tele-Afflicted

You may find this helpful:

Paul in Colorado likes this.
  9. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

^^ Thanks! ^^

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.