Britain / UK

bettyseldest

Friend of Leo's
Great to see some test cricket being played.....:)

an interesting day ahead..... WI need 200 to win, with near a full day to bat........
I don't think that even Stokes can save us today! That said he's just taken the 6th wicket!

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Quite a surprise to see the score this morning.... I gave up at lunch when the Windies lost those early wickets.... I didn't think they'd do it as England were bowling well...

well well... Blackwood makes a hero of himself... ;)

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Your man Root is piling on the runs on the sub-continent....

a few 100's in Sri Lanka and now a 100 in his 100th test against Kohli and the boys in India....

well done...:)

suthol

Friend of Leo's
Root goes lbw for 218.... probably getting tired.... a sigh of relief goes over India....:D

After what happened in the recent India tour of Australia and what I've seen of him previously I don't think Kholi is a good captain despite his individual brilliance ( maybe because of it )

LordBucketHead

TDPRI Member
Durham lad here.
I know my place.
Strat sort of chap since the 80s but got a Tele out of interest a few years ago and lucky Strats live in cases now.
Recently recovered from an addiction to collecting Boss pedals. I've ran out of colours now.
I've developed a new obsession for US Fender guitar necks. I think it might be down to lockdown madness.
I can play the first 20 bars and the middle bit of about 30 songs.
I'm considering a tour for audiences with short attention spans.

93SuperVee

TDPRI Member
Long time lurker here, long resident in Newcastle upon Tyne but firmly rooted in the South Wales gig scene of the early eighties and not progressed much since. Hated Teles growing up because they were what the godawful country bands played in the upstairs room of the pub, then I saw Deke Leonard playing his "sculpted" model in the same room and was Educated.

Also have a massive soft spot for early eighties Aria basses.

gpw5150

Tele-Meister
Hi All,

Jeff from Hertfordshire here!

As a confirmed heathen, i play esquires (alright, stealth telecasters..) through a 5e5a Fender Pro.

Great to see so many likeminded players looking for the simplicity of a twanger!

**currently in the market for a high quality telecaster/esquire ash body in black nitro if anyone has one?!

gpw5150

Tele-Meister
Can anyone recommend an amp tech in the London area? A contact of mine has a Princeton Reverb II in need of some fault-finding. Thanks in advance...

Jon at JR in Croxley green near Watford (right next to croxley green tube station)

Or for more ancient amps, there is a wonderful old guy in Stevenage who is a proper old radio repair man - he can tell you everything about tube design and older circuits.

deepintheblues

TDPRI Member
Essex Calling. Fender Nashville Deluxe 2CSB, my favourite. A Butterscotch player serious, and a Black Cherry FMT. All stock fittings.