Britain / UK

Thorby Bislam

Tele-Afflicted
A club for all us Brits. All inclusive. That's us English, Welsh, Scots, No'rn Irish and Channel Islanders. Of course, if any Scot, etc, wants to start a club for their subdivision, go ahead.

I'm from Scarborough and I'm a guitar player. How about you?
ffc4.jpg

BoogerRooger

Poster Extraordinaire
I'm from Nottingham, now living near Kew Gardens.

I've had guitars for about 35 years but only taken playing 'seriously' for the last 5 and I can play enough now that's it's enjoyable and rewarding.

Specialities - Morris Dance tunes and Boogie Woogie, on my Baja.

I like the international perspective on TDPRI, particularly the contribution from fellow Brits!

hemingway

Poster Extraordinaire
Born in Scotland, grew up in the north of England, living in London for the past 28 years.

Play guitar much worse than I think I do. Built a couple of partscasters that look amazing as long as you don't get within 12 feet of them.

I think there have been UK gatherings from time to time to twang. But I haven't made it to any. Mainly coz I'm not good enough and I'd sound stupid.

Mid Life Crisis

Poster Extraordinaire
Have lived all over the UK - South East, Shetland Islands, Yorkshire, Nottingham and have lived near Cambridge for 12 years now.

Been playing guitar for 30 years, on and off, but most definitely on for the last 6 years or so. Play in a local covers band and go to the local open mic every couple of weeks - where there are some seriously good musicians (pro and semi-pro) - quite humbling but inspiring at the same time.

Hemingway - you should come to the Brit meetups. If you can play a few chords you'll do fine; nobody would think you sounded stupid. It's a good laugh and you're bound to learn something new.

telepath

Friend of Leo's
Hello!
Born and raised in West Wales, lived in London, traveled (Australia), back to London, then Cardiff , then finally .. back to West Wales . That all took quite a while..

I enjoy assembling and modding, and occasionally even playing ;) primarily for my own amusement now. Playing since I was about 14 (to 19) then hardly at all for most of my adult life, until the bug bit again a few years ago.

Nice to meet you all.

jefrs

Doctor of Teleocity
Jeff here in Newbury, west Berkshire.

Been messing and meddling with guitars since '65
Blues, rock, classical, jazz, renaissance, anything at all.
Long-time hobbyist luthier, not just guitars.
Cats and dog.

Tonemonkey

Poster Extraordinaire
Yeh, then we can send out emissaries, to other forums; advanced civilisation and culture will spread throughout TDPRI! Soon we will be able to say that the sun never sets on the UK/Britain Forum .....

Ahhhh, the good old days will return!

Last edited: