Bridge replacement Tele Aria pro 2 backaroo

Bilbo15

TDPRI Member
Hello

I would like to replace the bridge on my telecaster backaroo aria pro 2. Here s a pic
922480-20930c70c45151296c912751c15be67e.jpg

But I cannot find the same dimensions and mounting screws... There is only 3 screws to attach the bridge to the body. I found bridge like these. But the difference is on mine, they are centered between the string holes. Which is different of the normal mount that is with 3screws but kind of outside the string holes.

After more research, it seems that a hardtail bridge of tele deluxe or cabronita like this one would fit the holes. But it would not have the plate for mounting the bridge pickup!

I am lost!

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire
Why are you trying to replace it? Is there something you perceive functionally wrong, or aesthetically undesirable, in the stock bridge? What different do you want in another bridge?

Ignoring it’s short style for a moment, is the relative position of the screw holes and string through holes something like the one on the bridge pictured below?

909FB67A-CDF2-4E4D-990A-D792D9685E1B.jpeg

Bilbo15

TDPRI Member
It is a bit stupid but I would like to swap it for a chrome one to match the other plates. I dont understand why they put gold and chrome hardware on the same guitar...
Moreover, some screws on the saddles are pretty rusty and will maybe break when adjusting one day.

It seems that the position holes are rather the same as the picture you sent.

IMG_20220326_142250.jpg

TX_Slinger

Tele-Holic
I ran into this on an Asian Tele before. If the string thru holes line up then just drill out and plug the original bridge mount holes (walnut or maple dowels work great for this) then drill new holes. Other option is to find an "import pattern" bridge. I believe that some Squier bridges are this pattern, but none of the Fender US (or MIM) pattern stuff will fit. Just dowel and drill and go with the bridge you want. If you don't have a drill press this shouldn't be an expensive fix for an independent repair tech to do.

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire
I don’t know of any Tele full length (with mounting for the pickup) bridgeplates for which the outermost mounting screw holes are inside the width of the STB holes. American, MIM, and Squier Standards I’ve seen have mounting screws farther apart.

Is the Tele as pictured, intonated? Did those saddles come on the guitar as built? The saddles look farther back on the intonation screws than I would expect to see, and the 6th string saddle being all the way back and not seeming to have room for a spring is a clue.

In any case, assuming it is intonated, the steep break angle past the saddles looks like the STB holes might be back about as far as an American Standard or a Squier Standard. So as TX_Slinger suggested, you might be able to use a Squier or an Asian eBay plate, drilling new mounting screw holes in the guitar body to fit the replacement bridgeplate’s screw hole pattern. Good luck!

Alex_C

Tele-Afflicted
Yep, plug the holes, drill for the new bridge. A top loader would work if the string thru holes don't line up.

Bilbo15

TDPRI Member
I don’t know of any Tele full length (with mounting for the pickup) bridgeplates for which the outermost mounting screw holes are inside the width of the STB holes. American, MIM, and Squier Standards I’ve seen have mounting screws farther apart.

Is the Tele as pictured, intonated? Did those saddles come on the guitar as built? The saddles look farther back on the intonation screws than I would expect to see, and the 6th string saddle being all the way back and not seeming to have room for a spring is a clue.

In any case, assuming it is intonated, the steep break angle past the saddles looks like the STB holes might be back about as far as an American Standard or a Squier Standard. So as TX_Slinger suggested, you might be able to use a Squier or an Asian eBay plate, drilling new mounting screw holes in the guitar body to fit the replacement bridgeplate’s screw hole pattern. Good luck!

Yes the intonation had been done on the pictures and was ok
I will try to find a squier bridge that fit but i saw nothing like this for the moment.
If i drill New holes, what type of thru body bridge would you suggest would be the closest?

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire
Yes the intonation had been done on the pictures and was ok
I will try to find a squier bridge that fit but i saw nothing like this for the moment.
If i drill New holes, what type of thru body bridge would you suggest would be the closest?
I’d measure the distance from the fretboard side of the nut, to the center of the existing bridgeplate’s string through holes. And I’d compare that to the same on an American Standard Telecaster, and a 2000 or newer Squier Standard Telecaster. In my experience, those two standards are close enough to identical, to fit on a Squier Standard Telecaster (because the STB holes in its body are oversized). Then I’d remove your original bridgeplate temporarily to see if the sideways spacing of the body’s string through holes (as measured from top, underneath the bridgeplate sits), are wide enough to more easily accommodate either the wider Squier or narrower American spacing. Then if you still want a thick flat plate pick the better match. Or if you want a neo-vintage, you might be able to use a Kluson or Joe Barden hybrid plate made to fit an American Standard.

I‘m away from home until mid April, but if you haven’t figured out nut-to-STB-holes distance on a Squier by then, I’ll measure that on one of mine if you want.

Bilbo15

TDPRI Member
Wel well, I received my American standard tele bridge and it doesn't fit.
The plate is too big and goes over the Pickgard if I put it well on the 6 string through holes.

The problem is the distance of 7.2cm between the 6 through holes and the front of the plate. I can find no bridge with such a short distance...

Attachments

• 16530771270723933025032404972180.jpg
    16530771270723933025032404972180.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 20

Bilbo15

TDPRI Member
Or maybe this American professional bridge with the trough holes in front of the mounting screws would fit better?
But no drawing can be found!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-21-00-07-47-816_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-21-00-07-47-816_com.android.chrome.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 13

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire
Wel well, I received my American standard tele bridge and it doesn't fit.
The plate is too big and goes over the Pickgard if I put it well on the 6 string through holes.

The problem is the distance of 7.2cm between the 6 through holes and the front of the plate. I can find no bridge with such a short distance...
What bridge does this drawing show - your original bridge that came on your guitar, or a bridge you are trying to put on it?

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire
Please show distances in millimeters, from the center of holes where those holes are a point of reference, and make your numbers clear. That will help accuracy.

Measure the distance from the neck-facing side of the nut, to a line intersecting [the center of] all 6 string through body holes. Inches or whatever is convenient for measuring, will do there. I usually use a feet/inches based metal tape measure that will lock in place and has a stop at the first, butting that stop against the nut.

Did you buy the guitar new? If not, do you know if the bridgeplate is original to that guitar, or was it added later? If you don’t know that, post a clear straight-on (not angle view) of the back of the guitar, showing the ferrules. Reason I ask, I agree that a distance of only 72mm (7.2cm) from STB holes to top of bridgeplate is rather short, but that might be from measuring the edge (rather than center) of the STB holes. And having saddles slammed against the bottom of the plate, yet with STB holes that high, to get the guitar intonated, is an anomaly. And because American Standard (and Squier Standard) tele bridgeplates had rather high (towards neck) STB holes.

Good luck figuring this out!

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire
On my 2005 Squier Standard 25.5” scale Tele with factory bridgeplate, 6 block saddles, strung with D’Addario 9-42s, and intonated; the length from nut to saddle rest is 25.5” (about 654mm) on the 1st (.009” high E), and 25 and 11/16” (about 652mm) on the 6th (.042” low E). And the STB holes are 25 and 7/8” (about 657mm) from the nut.

Len058

Tele-Meister
Aria Pro did everything different. Probably nothing will fit. I had an Aria Strat, the saddles and bridge were narower than other Strats. Nothing Fender made fitted. Well the tuners but that's about it.