1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Bridge pickup hum.

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by telekaster1999, Nov 25, 2020.

1. telekaster1999

telekaster1999 Tele-Meister

The bridge pickup has a slight hum, goes away by touching volume or tone knob, nothing else. I've checked my soldering and seems decent enough for a rookie like me. Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.

Wulf likes this.
  2. Dacious

Dacious Poster Extraordinaire

Normal. Single coils.

Wulf likes this.
  3. telekaster1999

telekaster1999 Tele-Meister

Thanks for your response, but it seems a little above normal, at least to me.

Wulf likes this.
  4. Wulf

Wulf Tele-Afflicted

is the bridge grounded?..if your still getting buzz when playing and not only when you touch knobs there could well be a fault there,,,are you using coated strings?...there are many possible causes...fluorescent lighting and dimmer switches cause it too
    some hum is normal with single coils...i dont have hum cancelling middle position on my tele it sounds better and i can live with any hum...not that i get much...make sure your bridge plate is grounded to your pots or control plate...easy to do...without a grounded bridge you will get noise...you would be surprised how common it is to forget that...seen it a lot
    did you install any shielding?...
    properly grounded your strings become part of that grounding circuit

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    telekaster1999 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.