1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

bridge mounting question

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by RelicStrat, Mar 27, 2006.

1. RelicStrat

RelicStrat Tele-Meister

I have a Strat body of unknown origin that has the bridge mounting holes end to end deminsions of 2-3/16 inch. I have found a vintage bridge on a couple of websites that spec their bridges as 2-3/16 string spacing. Can anyone tell me if this is what I need for my body? Do the string space holes and bridge to body mounting holes always line up with one another? I contacted both companies and one failed to get back with me and the other gave me some convoluted answer to a question I never asked, and never responded when I asked for re-confirmation. Hope someone can help me, thanks!

2. StetsonMan

StetsonMan Tele-Meister

If it measure 2-3/16 then I don't see why a 2-3/16 bridge would not fit, but you never know about those "unknown" bodies. Although I don't think you should have a problem...

3. RelicStrat

RelicStrat Tele-Meister

thanks StetsonMan, you would think that it would but what I need to know for sure is if the string spacing spread and the mounting hole spread are the same. So far I don't know. I found another website that says their 2-3/16 string spacing bridge has a 2-1/4 body mounting hole spacing. I just measured with calipers and no way would that work. I don't want to have to plug and re-drill but may have to.
    Thanks again.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.