BRIDGE MOUNTING QUESTION (American Professional 6 Screw)

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Tone_wood, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Tone_wood

Tone_wood NEW MEMBER!

Hi there,

I’m considering buying one of the new American Professional Telecasters, but I would want to customize it with a Bigsby B5 and Mastery M4.1. The Mastery is a 4-hole screw mount but the American Professional has a 6-hole screw mount. That seems like a new style for them but I could be wrong, I’ve only ever seen the 3 and 4 screw mount bridge plates.

Anyway, this certainly weighs on my decision to buy the guitar so hope someone can help!!

thanks!

2. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I've got to say, you could end up being the guinea pig. The American Professional has a "four hole" mount bridge (plus the two tiny ones, never mind them for a second) that's DIFFERENT from the traditional 4 mount hole template you maybe have seen thousands of since St. Leo started in 1949. That's right: The bottom mount holes and through holes are in different places. And this means other people's experiences with older style 3 and 4 and 5 mount hole bridge templates can not get you 100% of the way there.

https://darrenriley.com/store/fender-american-pro-telecaster-3-saddle-bridge-assy-0992005000/

Nothing much scares me, about working on these guitars. But trying to install a Bigsby and getting a superb function on a brand new guitar, that scares me. To me, you're much better off buying a Bigsby equipped Tele off the rack in a store after playing it comprehensively. To confirm that it works gorgeously. I think there's so many "almost" right Bigsby installs out there.

And welcome!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.