bridge for squier japan

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by aj55, Mar 18, 2021.

1. aj55

aj55 TDPRI Member

Dear all,

I am lucky to own a E-series Squier in perfect condition. I would like however to exchange the bridge for a 3-saddle bridge like the one I have in my '99 Fender mij Tele. Both are toploader. See pics:

IMG_2103.JPG

IMG_2105.JPG

Problem is they both are mounted with 3 screws and all I can find is with 4 screws.
    Does anybody know where to find such a bridge?

Cheers, Arnold

2. SbS

SbS Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

3. aj55

aj55 TDPRI Member

Thanks! Looks like it, although no top-loader. But I suppose I could drill those holes myself ;-)

4. yegbert

yegbert Poster Extraordinaire

ED2E3766-FC49-473F-A70B-2B9DFDFF60F3.jpeg Those Kluson bridges have a hybrid “vintage ashtray-lip / newer and longer US and Squier standard” design and have string through holes made for those Standard Teles that you don’t need for that top loader Tele. They have their place for owners of newer Standard Teles who want those vintage style features.

If you really want a flat (side lip-less) and thicker bridge like your second picture shows, you might want to investigate using a bridge like those made after around 2000 for Squiers that have six non-offset saddles. Used or eBay. You would still need to three drill holes for the three saddles’ intonation adjusting screws, but you can use the six saddles’ mounting holes as your toploading string through holes. I have a couple I can photograph...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  5. yegbert

The top 2 plates are from string through Squiers. The bottom is a vintage style dual loader I used for illustration purposes. The top two would only need 3 holes drilled between each of the E-A, D-G, and B-E “pairs” of saddle mounting holes, to support a vintage-style 3-saddle set. And the old 6-saddle hole are positioned good for top loading.

Note that if using vintage style 3 saddles with these plates as such, you are likely to need to obtain longer than vintage normal intonation screws and springs.

if you get someone’s old bridge plate from a top loader-only Tele (some early Affinitys), you wouldn’t have any of these Squier Standard string through holes.

6. dpang2836

dpang2836 Tele-Meister

Do not Alter your Body, which includes new Bridge Holes! Take your time and find the right one! Kluson is nice and I have seen a couple others. Top load only might be a Problem though?

7. yegbert

8. SixStringSlinger

SixStringSlinger Friend of Leo's

9. aj55

aj55 TDPRI Member

Thanks all!
    That last one really looks the one though :)
    Unfortunately it will be really expensive by the time it gets to the Netherlands (freight, tax, duty)......

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.