1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Brent Mason fans? Pics for ya inside from this past week

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by strat_and_tele_guitarist, Mar 25, 2005.

1. rebelern

rebelern Tele-Holic

Re: Brent Mason

"SO DO I" and really well said Terry. 8)

Ernie.

2. lenny

lenny Banned

warm and fuzzy moment

yep, this site rules thanks not only to our famous and talented posters, famous and talented players friendly wives (tnx bwg :) ),
    but i think everyone who posts here who is not so famous, and perhaps not so talented (/me raises hand :p ) are really cool too.
    and i think our moderaters and webmaster do a great job of keeping it that way

3. Chris S.

Chris S. Asst. Admin

Re: warm and fuzzy moment

Thx Lenny, I'll send the $$ via PayPal... ;-) Hee. CS

4. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

Is there something you want to share with us???

5. d. meyers

d. meyers Tele-Meister

Oh boy. We should have a Freudian typing error award around here. Kudos, BB for cathing that one.

6. Tele-Whacker

Tele-Whacker Tele-Meister

Looking for a picture of....

Blue Water Girl, I would sure like to see a picture of Brent and THE Broadcaster (0681 - you know which one I'm talking about) . ......... (I wish I would have taken a picture in Nashville a couple of years ago.)

Is he still using it some?

7. blue water girl

blue water girl Tele-Afflicted

Hi Chuck - he uses it all the time now for studio work - loves it and gets plenty of compliments on the tone. Completely different sound than his 68 tele. He keeps it locked up with the rest of his guitars and gear and it is delivered to the studio and then broken down and taken back to his storage rooms and locked up. He has to be extremely careful with his guitars as a few have come close to being stolen. I rarely go to the studio when he is working, but if he brings it home I will get him to pose with it and then find someone kind enough here on this forum to post it because I don't have any hosting space. He is going out of town to Santa Fe to do an album and the broadcaster has already been inventoried, insured and packed up with some amps and other items. He is just keeping out a few things to use this week and he is doing a Hall of Fame induction ceremony for Kris Kristofferson this weekend - everything else has been turned over for shipping. It may already be on it's way by now, not sure. The rest of the musicians and the engineers are already on their way to Santa Fe but Brent can't be there till Monday due to a full work week and the show this weekend but unless he wanted to drive all his stuff across the country to New Mexico by himself he had to go ahead and send all he could now and let them take it with everyone elses's.

8. Raymond

Raymond Friend of Leo's

Guys, please click on the close up of the guitar and take a look a the bridge saddles. Check out how far up the B one is! That's very interesting....

I love that pic because, as BWG said, all pictures I've seen give the impression that Brent polishes that thing 5 times a day :lol: :lol:

Thanks S&TG for the pic.

9. lenny

lenny Banned

that's the b bender saddle , i think the actual contact point is in the "normal" spot

10. Raymond

Raymond Friend of Leo's

:oops: :oops: I completely forgot about that! :oops: :oops:

11. Dana

Dana Friend of Leo's

Hah? All I meant was, he's a great Jazz and Blues player as well. Not sure what you guys were thinking :rolleyes:

12. lenny

lenny Banned

"man on man" just sounds sorta funny no matter how smooth the sentence
    :eek: :lol: ;)

13. Joel Terry

Joel Terry Poster Extraordinaire

And I know it's been chronicled in this website before, but Brent is really a nice, funny guy. I met him for just the briefest of moments just before one of the fabled Players gigs at 3rd & Lindsley here in town (late last year?); he takes time to talk to everyone, no matter if they're in the music business or whatever, famous, semi-famous, or just regular folks. In this regrettable world of musicians with too-small talents mismatched with too-large egos, here's a guy who would have every right to have an ego a mile wide, but he's the polar opposite of egotistical. Frankly, I would've like to have had time to talk to him about anything other than music.

I'm sure if I had pestered him--which I would never do in a million years--I could've had a close look at his amp and effects set up, and probably that trademark primered Telecaster, too.

And, of course, we have an absolute gem in Julie who's willing to be a patient intermediary for us slavering Telecaster/gear goons. (What other person who's not a gear fiend would be willing to know the details of Keeley and Line 6 pedals? :p) Very sweet, decent people, those Masons.

Joel

14. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

Dana, I apologize if I was out of line. My intent was to have a bit of fun, ( I love word play ) not to make fun of you in any way. Please accept my apologies. Brad

15. Dana

Dana Friend of Leo's

No problem with me, I just wish I understood the joke.

No worries, glad I was able to provide a laugh!

:lol:

16. Tele-Whacker

Blue Water Girl,

Thanks for the information. I'm tickled That he's getting a lot of good out of the guitar. I'm for sure on of Brents Biggest fans, and have been since I first heard him playing on some tunes I wrote that were recorded in Nashville, back in 1989. I think it may have been before he became one of the "A" team.

Thanks for everything!

17. tellypicker

tellypicker Tele-Meister

any idea what happened to that website link at the top of the page? I click on it and says howtoplayguitar.net not found??? is it gone? can someone shoot me a pic of the pedalboard if they have one? thankee.

18. tellypicker

tellypicker Tele-Meister

got it, thanks.

19. PraiseCaster

PraiseCaster Poster Extraordinaire

Arrgghhhh! The links they no work! And I wanted to see em too!!!!

20. Tele-Whacker

I've been gone...

I have been away from the ole computer, for a couple of weeks, so I thought I'd send this thread back to the top, in case Blue Water Girl gets a chance to post any pictures, it would be easier for me to find.... No Hurry Julie, Just checkin'. Best regards to you and the best guitar picker ever! Thanks! Chuck

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.