1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Breaking Bad Season 5 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by voodoo_idol, Jul 23, 2012.

1. xMercury69x

xMercury69x Friend of Leo's

Tread lightly

2. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

live free or die baby!

3. Jay Isler

Jay Isler Tele-Meister

Man, that's as good a theory as I've read yet. I think you're correct that Walt and Jessie will have a showdown. Jessie will realize that the hopeless feeling he's had all started when he hooked up with Walt. He'll probably find out Walt lied to him about killing Mike. He'll finally feel that the only way to make it right is to punish Walt.

I can't wait for next week!

4. Jackson Jackson

Jackson Jackson Friend of Leo's

You're hired.

5. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Jesse on the couch getting badgered by Walt into "believing" that Mike is alive - there were gears slowly starting to turn in Jesse's head as to what needs to be done. "Yeah - you must be right..."

I almost expected him to add "Mr White"

Califiddler is on to something.

Cabrera ? Beer ?

He has a minder. Kind of an open secret.

Anyway, I much prefer this at bat (and his "foot inside" homer the next day) :

6. mtsusean

mtsusean TDPRI Member

Walt would not have left the New Mexico tags on the car for as long a time as suggested.

7. Califiddler

Califiddler Friend of Leo's

Thanks for the compliments, but in the words of Winston Wolf "Let's not start ... each others' ... just yet." I'm probably wrong about everything.

Beach Bob - in the first episode of season 5, Walt goes to a Denny's and buys a machine gun from the guy who had sold him the .32 snubby. Walt is driving a car with NH plates. He shows the waitress an ID to get the free birthday breakfast and she says that he's a long way from home and asks how long the drive is. Walt says about 30 hours if you stop only for gas. So based on that I'm guessing that Walt holes up in NH.

mtsusean - If you mean the car with the machine gun in the trunk, Walt got that car at the Denny's. He switched from the car that he drove to the Denny's, with NH plates, to the car with the machine gun in the trunk and NM plates. The seller of the machine gun gave Walt the keys to the "new" car.

I have obviously been thinking about this way too much.

8. dmagalhaes

dmagalhaes TDPRI Member

He also made Walt promise that the gun wouldn't cross state lines leading one to ascertain that he is in fact in NM.

9. dmagalhaes

dmagalhaes TDPRI Member

There is only one other person who knows that Mike is dead, Todd. It won't take Jesse long to figure it out.

10. dmagalhaes

dmagalhaes TDPRI Member

It was Gus' hubris that got him killed. He was destroying everything Hector had left and it both literally and figuratively, "blew up in his face". Same thing with the spray painted Heisenberg; "the writing is on the wall" for Walt. Another nod to the writers, this show is as well written as anything in film history.

11. beach bob

beach bob Friend of Leo's

Maybe, but some of us appreciate it :D

And thanks for filling in the blank spots in my brain. I missed the first part of episode 5.1 when it aired last Sunday, and I regret it now :p

12. beach bob

Oh and BTW and FYI for you other Breaking Bad fans, on the Taking Bad show, Vince Gilligan promised that by the end of the series, ALL loose ends WILL be tied up. All questions will be answered. He promised a satisfying conclusion to this epic story arc that will not suck.

It's not gonna be like Lost, Seinfeld, Star Wars, Dallas, etc. etc. etc.

So now you know :cool:

13. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

"I'm Winston Wolfe. I solve problems."

14. AirBagTester

AirBagTester Friend of Leo's

I like the idea about faking his death, but then I start thinking about the whole, "took a chemical that slowed his heart rate so he appeared dead" thing, which seems too obviously dumb to me in that situation. Maybe they could just pay off the mortician though.

Also why an M60? Did he just want a big gun that shoots a whole bunch of people, or is there some calculated reason for that gun? And is it weird that even though he has a huge gat, he still goes back to get the poison?

15. beach bob

Hardly. Any well situated idiot can buy and use a giant gun, but Walt *made* the ricin poison. Its use is elegant, and in almost any situation, it will not be detected during an autopsy. It plays right into Walt's self-assessment of being smarter than everyone else in the meth biz.

Of course, he's not above using a twelve pound hammer, when a two pound hammer will do.

I am thinking the gun, and the ricin, are to be used for two different situations :idea:

16. AirBagTester

AirBagTester Friend of Leo's

Well OF COURSE they are for different uses, but who is the one person he'll use the ricin on and who are the dozens who will meet a hail of bullets?

17. beach bob

I have no idea.

That's why I'll be glued to the teevee next Sunday night :lol:

18. J-man

J-man Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    I must admit, I loved it when Hank punched Walt.

19. xMercury69x

xMercury69x Friend of Leo's

"A ricin cigarette, an M-60 machine gun and Tommy James and the Shondells"

Attached Files:

20. garyd5158

garyd5158 Tele-Afflicted

I love Hank punching Walter. I also loved the part after Walt breaks into his house to get the ricin pill. He goes back to the car, looks behind him and says "hello Carol" to the neighbor who drops the grocery bag. That was perfect.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.